Yahoo Mail is one of the most common email services available for the internet users all across the globe. The email hosting platform came into existence in 1997 and has been active since then. The company claims that The Yahoo Mail is the third-largest email service platform in the world and has more than 200 million active users. If you are one of these customers and looking for Yahoo Mail Outlook settings then the only way to use a Yahoo account professionally is with the help of an email client. Microsoft-administered MS Outlook is one of the most popular and user friendly email clients available on the internet. Here in this blog, we will help you with the Yahoo Mail settings for Outlook 2010 and explain how to set up Yahoo Mail on Outlook 365. If you are a busy man or woman and wish to access a constant flow of emails then you should try the Outlook application. The Yahoo Mail Outlook settings are easy to configure and provide you a more stable environment for emailing. With the help of Yahoo Mail settings for Outlook 2010, you can work even in offline mode. And, if you have logged in through multiple accounts with Outlook then there will not be any problem in toggling between the various emailing hosts.
Know how to set up Yahoo Mail on Outlook 365
First of all, you need to connect your Yahoo Mail account to Outlook in order to manage all your emails. Centralizing all your email accounts into Microsoft Outlook is the best way to manage all your mails. The centralisation makes it easier to find all your mails at one place. In case you have a Yahoo Mail account, below-mentioned steps will tell you the ways to access Yahoo with Outlook. Please follow the instructions carefully to understand the simple way of using Outlook to access your email on Yahoo. However, a point to note here is that all the instructions in this article apply to only Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003; and Outlook for Microsoft 365.
Step 1: It is obvious that to access Yahoo Mail with Outlook, you need to have an account first. In case you don’t have one, set up your Yahoo Account immediately
Step 2: Setting up your Yahoo account allows Outlook to connect easily. This step depends on whether you have enabled two-step verification on your Yahoo account or not.
Step 3: Two-steps verification enabled? Generate an app password
If you have secured your Yahoo account with two-step verification, all you need to do is to generate a Yahoo Mail app password. The process to generate a password is a simple one. You will be using this app password instead of the Yahoo Mail sign-in password once you configure Outlook.
Step 4: No two-step verification?
In case your account is not secured with two-step verification and you don’t want to enable it, then set your Yahoo account to allow email clients to access it. You can do this easily by using your Yahoo account sign-in password.
Step 5: Log into your Yahoo Mail account.
You will find the Yahoo account login screen in the upper right of the web page. Here you need to select your profile name and then choose Account Info.
Step 6: Now, select Account Security. In this, you have to turn on the Allow apps that use less secure sign-in toggle. Remember that it turns blue when you switch it on.
Step 7: You may be required to complete the process of CAPTCHA before the switch activates. It is done to verify that you are not a robot.
Now, your Yahoo Mail account is ready to accept sign-ins from Outlook. If you want to turn this feature off, follow steps 1 to 3, then switch off the Allow apps that use less secure sign in toggle.
However, one should consider enabling two-step verification on Yahoo Mail. It is important. Why? Well, it provides an extra layer of security that your account needs from cyber threats. This two-step verification protects your account from any unauthorized access.
Know how to set up Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2019, 2016 and Microsoft 365
Accessing your Yahoo Mail account from Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, and Microsoft 365 is super easy. Go through the steps mentioned below in order to understand better. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- First of all, go to the File tab.
- Now, you need to file menu option in Outlook
- In the next step, you have to select Info and then select the Add Account option.
- Now, add the Account in your Outlook
- Here you have to enter your Yahoo Mail address, and then select the Connect option in the outlook.
- Now you will be asked your Yahoo Mail account password or app password. Enter the password correctly.
- In case you are using two-step verification for your Yahoo account, then enter the app password you have generated. Here you do not need to enter your Yahoo account sign-in password.
- Click on the connect button in the IMAP Account Settings
- Now, your Yahoo Mail account is added to Outlook. You can access it and manage your mails in the easiest way possible.
Know how to set up Yahoo Mail settings for Outlook 2010 pop3 and Yahoo Mail pop3 settings for Outlook 2013:
In the Server Information section, you need to click on the Account Type dropdown arrow and then select IMAP.
1: To start setting up Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2013, click on the File menu in Outlook 2013
2: After you have selected the File menu in Outlook 2013, you have to tap on the Info.
3: After you have selected the Info, then proceed by clicking on the Add Account option.
4: Now, you need to click on the Manual setup or additional server types
5: Continue further by clicking on the Next option.
6: In Outlook 2010, click Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
7: Now click on the Pop or IMAP
8: In the next step, you have to select the Next option.
9: In Outlook 2010, you have to tap on the Internet E-mail.
10: POP or IMAP
In the Server Information section, you need to click on the Account Type dropdown arrow and then select IMAP.
11: IMAP dropdown menu
In the User Information section, you have to fill your name and your Yahoo email address correctly without any mistake.
12: User Information area
In the Server Information section go to the Incoming mail server text box and enter imap.mail.yahoo.com. Now go to the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) text box and enter smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
13: Server Information section
In the Login Information section, you will see that the User Name text box shows the user name from your Yahoo Mail address. In case it is not correct or you want to change the name, please do the needful. After the verification process, then go to the Password text box. Here you need to enter your password or the app password you had generated. This needs to be done only if your account requires two-step verification otherwise not.
14: Now click on More Settings.
Select the Outgoing Server tab, and then choose the My outgoing server (SMTP). It requires an authentication check box, then select.
15: You can use the same settings as my incoming mail server.
16: Now, click on the Advanced tab option.
17: For both Incoming server (IMAP) and Outgoing server (SMTP), one has to set the following encrypted connection dropdown arrow and then select SSL.
In the Incoming server (IMAP) text box, you have to enter 993.
In the Outgoing server (SMTP) text box, you need to enter 465.
18: Now, click on the OK option if you want to return to the Pop and IMAP Account Settings window.
19: Click Next. This is important to test the account settings you have entered. In case everything is correct, the process will be completed successfully and easily.
20: Now click Close.
With this last step, you have successfully completed the process of adding a Yahoo Mail account to Outlook.
Know how to set up Yahoo Mail Outlook settings pop3 in Outlook 2007
To add Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2007, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps correctly. This guide is easy to follow and understand, hence you won’t face any problem while setting up your account.
- First of all, click on the Tools option, here you will find the Account Settings, tap on the option.
- After clicking on the Account Settings in Outlook 2007, click New option in the Email tab.
- Choose Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP.
- Now click on the Next option.
- The next process is the Mail type radio checkbox.
- Now, you have to select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types checkbox and then click on the Next option.
- To proceed further, you have to select Internet E-mail.
- Now, tap on the Next and then click the Account Type dropdown arrow. Here you need to select the IMAP option.
Even though we have explained how to set up Yahoo Mail on Outlook 365, Yahoo Mail settings for Outlook 2010, Yahoo Mail server settings for Outlook 2013, Yahoo Mail settings for Outlook 2007 pop3 setting and Yahoo Mail pop settings for Outlook 2016, there might be a possibility that some of you are looking for the Yahoo Mail Outlook settings in the Outlook 2003.
Do not worry, your version of the MS Outlook is not obsolete. The Outlook Yahoo Mail pop settings can also be configured in Outlook 2003. Go to the yahoo.co.in mail Outlook settings and make the following changes to the IMAP.
- Click on the Tools option and choose Email Accounts.
- Under the E-mail Accounts menu, select Add a new email account and click on the Next button.
- When you will be asked to add a new email account, select IMAP and click on the Next button.
- For the Yahoo Mail Outlook settings configuration with the IMAP, type in your account details and Yahoo Mail server details.
- Write a User Name that you want to appear in the messages you send. The User Name will be the same as your Yahoo ID.
- Now, fill in your complete Yahoo Mail email address.
- The Yahoo Mail Outlook settings will prompt you to enter your password. You will need to enter either your Yahoo Mail account sign-in password or the Outlook app password if you have opted for a two-step verification.
- Now, go to the Incoming mail server (IMAP) and enter ‘imap.mail.yahoo.com’ in the field vacant. SImilarly, under the Outgoing mail server (SMTP), type ‘smtp.mail.yahoo.com’.
- The Outlook 2003 will now ask you to fill in more Yahoo Mail server details. To proceed with the Yahoo Mail Outlook settings, click on More Settings option.
- Choose the Outgoing Server tab and put a tick in front of the box that reads “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”. Use the same settings in the Incoming mail server.
- Select the Advanced tab and check mark the “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)” text on the screen for both Incoming and Outgoing Server.
- For the right Yahoo Mail Outlook settings, enter 993 in the Incoming server (IMAP) port text box. In the Outgoing server (SMTP) text box, type in 465 as the port value.
- Following the configuration of the IMAP and SMTP ports in Outlook 2003, click on the OK button to return to the IMAP settings window.
- As you have filled all the relevant information for the Yahoo Mail Outlook settings, now click on the Next button and select the Finish option.
Congratulations! The Yahoo Mail Outlook settings for Outlook 2003 have been configured. As now you know how to set up Yahoo Mail on Outlook 365, Yahoo Mail settings for Outlook 2010, how to set up Yahoo Mail on Outlook 2007, Yahoo Mail pop3 settings for Outlook 2003 and Yahoo Mail pop3 settings for Outlook 2013, emailing will be a lot more fun for you.
For all the updated users, do not worry about the Yahoo Mail Outlook settings in Outlook 2019. The Yahoo Mail setup process in Outlook 2019 is not much different than Yahoo Mail settings for Outlook 2010, Yahoo Mail imap settings for Outlook 2010 and Yahoo Mail settings for Outlook 2013.
Here is our guide on how to set up Yahoo Mail on Outlook 365 in the 2019 version of the email app.
- Open the Outlook 2019 application and click on the File option.
- Select Info and hit the Add Account button.
- You will be asked to enter your Yahoo email address.
- After filling in the right details, click on the Connect option.
- The app will ask you to enter your Yahoo Mail account password.
- Again, click on the Connect button and if your password is correct then the Yahoo Mail account will be added in Outlook 2019.
- Click on the Done option to complete the Outlook settings for Yahoo Mail pop3.
Yahoo Mail is a primer email service provider. The company has been active for more than two decades. Some of the users have moved on to the other email services but there are still many of them who are still using the Yahoo Mail. The news across the globe has revealed recently that there have been attempts of phishing attacks on various Yahoo Mail accounts. The company admitted in 2017 that more than 3 billion of Yahoo Mail accounts were affected due to cyber crimes. Many of the Yahoo Mail account holders came in public and reported theft on email. Going by the news, it is highly advised that you should keep your Yahoo Mail account secure and keep a backup of the emails and important messages at regular intervals. An antivirus will be of great help to secure your email account. And if you witness an attempt of phishing on your Yahoo Mail despite all the precautions then advisable is to contact cyber police and your email provider.