There are many android phone users in the world. Though Gmail is the prime source of emails for android mobile users, there are people who look for yahoo mail settings for android. Yahoo mail is one of the widely used email interfaces that offer many other features such as contacts, calendars, notepads and more. And of course, the mail reception is something great to look forward to. However, you have to follow a few steps to get yahoo mail app settings android. Also, you have to make sure that you are making all the changes correctly to ensure that you set up yahoo mail on android like a pro.
How to Set Up Yahoo Mail on Android
If you are wondering how to set up yahoo mail on an android phone, then it is time to stop thinking and following the instructions that will be revealed in this blog-post. We will go over a step-by-step guide to yahoo mail on android settings. So, are you ready?
- Choose IMAP from POP and IMAP.
- The incoming server should be imap.mail.yahoo.com
- The incoming port value should be 993.
- The SSL security for the incoming server should be SSL.
- The outgoing server should be smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- The outgoing port value should be 587.
- Enter ‘Yes’ for Requires Sign-in.
Now, we will reveal all the steps in detail to make sure you understand yahoo mail settings for android at one shot.
- Open your android phone and go to the ‘Email’ application. Then navigate to ‘Add new account’ and thereafter, choose ‘Other.’
- Now, if you don’t have a yahoo mail account, set it up by following all the instructions. Or else, all you need to do is go to ‘Settings’ in the email app and select ‘Add account.’
- Now, you have to enter the account details and press ‘Login’
- Enter your yahoo mail address in the email section.
- Then, type in the account password in the password section.
- Now, you have to focus on yahoo mail server settings for android phone and that’s why select %type% and type in the following details.
- First, begin with yahoo mail incoming server settings android.
- The hostname for the incoming server should be imap.mail.yahoo.com
- The security type should be SSL.
- The port value should be 993.
- Next, move to the outgoing server and fill in the following information:
- The outgoing server name should be smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
- The security type should be SSL.
- The port value should be 587.
- Type in ‘Yes’ for ‘Verification for sending the email.’
- Then, enter your email for the username.
- And, enter the account password.
That’s how yahoo mail settings for android are done. So, whoever wants to find out how to set yahoo mail in android mobile, just scroll up and go through the post. But make sure that you either choose yahoo mail pop3 settings for android or yahoo mail imap settings android for incoming server. That’s not the end, you should also make sure that the outgoing server is also configured properly. In fact, yahoo business mail settings for android are also similar. Hence, if you want to use yahoo business email, then you know how to set up yahoo mail on android phone as it will work.
A Quick Look at the Yahoo Com Mail Settings for Android to Use it like an Expert
Nowadays, we are always on the go with our smartphones. This means gone are those days when we used to access mails only from desktop but now we can check and reply to our mails in just one click. So, if you are looking forward to yahoo mail settings for android huawei or yahoo mail settings for android in general, this post will come in handy. This is because we will disclose a few handy tips to use yahoo mail app for android settings like a pro. At first, launch the yahoo mail app on your android phone and follow the steps mentioned below:
Alter swipe actions
Swipe actions are a special feature of an android phone that has made lives simpler. Once you open the mail app, the right swipe means the mail is marked as read and the left swipe means the mail is deleted. Now if you don’t like the swipe option, you can change it based on your preference. For this alteration, you have to move to settings and then tap on swipe actions and then pick the variation that you like.
Switch on Selection Mode
The default action says that you have to hold on to a mail to select it. But you can change this by going to their specific selection boxes. To get this, navigate to app settings and enable the ‘show tick boxes.’
Turn on one-tap favourite option
To mark a mail as your favourite, you generally have to open each mail and click on the star icon. But you can make this easier by changing the setting. So, go to app settings and switch on the toggle for show stars. By doing so, you will get the star mark beside the mails that will save you time and energy.
Customize notification for yahoo mail account
The best feature of an android phone is that you can customize a lot. For instance, you can customize the notification for your yahoo mail settings for android. So, under settings, go to Notification and change the things based on what you like the most.
If you don’t like to get mail notifications, you can turn it off from the yahoo mail app for android settings. Go to mail settings, open notification and enable or disable them as per your choice.
You will get a theme as default setting. But guess what, you can change it. Under general tab, you will find the option ‘theme’ open it and choose from their wide variety. After all, you should configure yahoo mail settings for android based on your choice.
Switch on Undo Send
Mails are an important source of communication and that’s why you should be very particular before sending one. However, there are people who often end up sending half-written or empty mails. To rectify this, go to Settings, find notifications and enable ‘allow undo send.’
Switch off account
You can turn off your yahoo mail account when you are not using it. You can do this for yahoo mail settings for android. All you need to do is log out from your account by going to your yahoo mail profile. By doing so, you will be off the mail account but this doesn’t mean you have to set it up all over again.
Turn on app lock
You can lock your yahoo mail app for android settings. Go to settings, then security and there you will get three options and they are PIN/pattern/fingerprint. Choose the one that you like the most and go for it to lock your yahoo mail app. Now you know how to set up yahoo mail on android phone and more. For more guidance, you can seek professional guidance. Otherwise, the steps for yahoo mail settings for android are extremely simple, you just need to be patient when you are configuring yahoo mail app for android settings. And voila, you can use yahoo mail from your android phone.