What is Error Code 0x80070002?
The message will display on your Windows 10 screen showing the error code 0x80070002 while updating feature version 1903. This error may appear to be precarious to determine.
In the event that you are one of those clients, you might be investigating approaches to get away from it. Fortunately, you would now be able to slice through your inspection. This article has all the solutions you need for settling this code.
Causes of Error Code 0x80070002 in Windows 10
Here are the reasons why the error code in Windows 10 version 1903 is displaying on the screen.
- The disk on your Windows might cause problems.
- Any applications or administrations that have harmed can result in showing error code while updating. Subsequently, giving rise to causing the error.
- If the date and time are not set correctly on the settings tab of the PC then this is another reason for this blunder code.
- In certain cases, impedance might be brought about by the security programming of your PC. This obstruction can give rise to cause the 0x80070002 blunder.
- You are probably going to face this blunder when the files are corrupted in your framework’s Winsock Catalog. While updating if the system could not detect the file the error code 0x80070002 appears on the screen.
- If you deploy the task sequence through SCCM sometimes it causes the error 0x80070002 (-2147024894) though the installation process completes successfully.
As of now, you understood the causes and so let’s proceed to fix the error. For this, we will provide you with a few methods that will help you in solving these issues.
Can I Fix the Error 0x80070002 of Windows 10?
If such questions build problems on your mind then you are on the right page. The Windows 10 download blunder 0x80070002 may appear to be a major issue on your PC.
To fix this code from the Windows 10 PC, we have tried fixes. From operating the CHKDSK Utility to uninstalling the harmed applications and administrations, we will take you to these tried fixes in detail to get rid of this blunder on the Windows 10 of your PC.
1. Run CHKDSK Utility
If your device shows a message about “Feature update to Windows 10 version 1903 error 0x80070002” on the framework then this is a condition with the disk which is not operating properly. In this manner, the primary arrangement recommended to fix the blunder 0x80070002 in Windows 10, is to find the mistakes on the disk by carrying out the CHKDSK utility.
The means of this strategy are as per the following:-
- At first go “Command Prompt” with the “Administrative Benefits”.
- Next type the command as shown below – “chkdsk/F/R” After that tap the Enter key.
- When you receive the prompt press the “Y” key and then click the “Enter” button.
- Once you complete the above step, Restart the System.
- Lastly, Reboot the system.
2. Avoid Folders or Files from Backup
You might not know about this fix yet it is useful in eliminating the blunder 0x80070002 Windows 10. In this fix, what you need to do is to get to the Backup setting. And afterward, avoid the folders from backing up.
The followings mentioned to be followed:-
- Firstly, go to your Computer’s Control Panel and tap on it.
- Now, choose the “Backup and Restore” option.
- After that, tap on the “Set up Backup” option available on the right side of your screen and then click the “Next” button.
- Now, in the different window, choose the “Let Me Choose” tab.
- Next, enhance the “Data Files”.
- Enhance the “(User Name) Libraries”.
- Then, enhance the “Additional Location”.
- Make sure to untick the options “AppData Folder, “Contacts”, and “Searches”.
- Now proceed to enhance “Computer” along with the “System Drive”, “Users” folder, and also “User Name”.
- Choose the options “AppData Folder, “Contacts”, and “Searches” and after that click on the “Next” tab.
- You need to save the changes you made recently.
- You can now begin the procedure of backup. After completing, do not forget to check whether the issue has been resolved.
3. Uninstall Damaged Applications & Services
If the Windows 10 error 0x80070002 occurs, the framework re-establish the error message that the specific program record or administration of the reestablish cycle fizzled. In this way, you should uninstall that specific program. When the program is uninstalled, you need to reboot the PC and afterwards restore it.
Here are the followings steps to be followed:-
- From Windows 10, visit the “Event Viewer”.
- Then go to the “Windows Logs” option.
- Next search “Application” and “System” logs for notifying events with the error stating “The system cannot find the file specified”.
- Now you need to scan or examine the warnings to assume which service or program is the real purpose of the error.
- Next, tap on the Uninstall tab to clear the problematic service or program.
- Do not forget to reboot your PC after completing the procedure.
4. Launch System File Checker
This fix will tell you the best way to utilize the System File Checker for eliminating the windows 10 update blunder code 0x80070002 Windows 10.
Let’s go through the steps mentioned below:-
- First, you need to go to the “Start Menu” and tap on the “Command Prompt” tab.
- Then, run the “Command Prompt” as the “Administrator”.
- Type the command in the “Command Prompt” as shown –
“sfc/scannow” After that click the “Enter” key.
- Enable the command to proceed further and after finishing “Verification 100% complete” a message will appear on your screen. Now close the window.
- You can now reboot your PC.
- Proceed to install the updates and with this, the error will not show up on your device.
5. Move Library Folder from User Profile Path
Follow the steps of instructions:-
- First and foremost, tap the “Start” button.
- Then tap on “Username”.
- Now choose the folder that you want to move. Tap the right-click tab and then tap on the “Cut” option.
- From the navigation, the pane enhances the “Computer” option.
- Select the location where you want to paste the folder. Tap on the Paste option and then copy the folder.
- Now, tap the “Start” button.
- Next hit on the “Username”.
- To copy the folder to another location tap on the “Paste Shortcut” tab.
- Now Restart the Windows backup.
6. Reset Winsock Catalog
“Failed to open software policies Microsoft Windows Windows update 0x80070002” is an error occurring in Windows 10.
Follow the following steps:-
- Firstly, visit the “Start Menu” and tap the “Command Prompt” to open.
- Now, you need to type the command as shown in the given “Command Prompt” box –
“netsh winsock reset”
Now tap the “Enter” tab.
- After that reboot the computer and install the updates.
7. Launch Microsoft
The Microsoft Fix It instrument has been created to settle various errors occurring on Windows 10. The Windows 10 variant 1903 blunder 0x80070002 can likewise be settled with this apparatus. You should simply run this device and permit it to distinguish the reason for this mistake. When the reason for the mistake has been distinguished, the apparatus will settle it rapidly.
8. Temporarily Disable Security Software
As a significant number would know, security programming is introduced to shield your PC from any infection or malware. At times this product can keep you from refreshing your Windows and result in the 0x80070002 Windows 10 establishment blunder. The security programming in your Windows 10 PC might be forestalling you too from refreshing it and creating a similar blunder code.
To battle this error, we will propose you debilitate the security programming for quite a while. At that point, you can introduce the updates. At the point when the framework refreshes have been effectively introduced, you can empower the security programming on the Windows 10 of your PC.
9. Ensure Correct Date and Time Settings
Follow the steps to correct the date and time settings:-
- Firstly, switch on the Windows 10 window.
- You will get to see the options on the bottom-right of your screen. Tap on the “Date and Time” option.
- Next hit the “Change Date and Time Settings” tab.
- Now proceed to tap on “Change Date and Time” in that Window.
- The applet feature will pop up for “Date and Time Settings”. Make sure that the time and date are assigned correctly. You can change if it is not set according to the time and after making changes click the OK tab.
- Lastly, restart the Windows 10 system.
10. Delete Windows Update Files
If you delete the windows update files then the issue will be resolved.
Follow the procedure mentioned below:-
- From your PC tap the “Start Menu” and proceed to click on the “Control Panel” to open.
- Next, select the “Windows” and “R” button together so that “Run” dialogue box opens up.
- In the “Run” box type the command –
- Next hit the “Ok” tab.
- A warning from UAC appears, approve it.
- Next, go to the “Service Control Panel” and search the “Windows Update” service.
- Select “Stop” by tapping on the “Windows Update Service”.
- Take the mouse pointer to the “C:\Windows” folder and tap to open the “Windows Explorer”.
- Browse and eliminate the “SoftwareDistribution” folder.
- Now, you need to reboot the Windows 10 PC.
- Lastly, start the computer and then run “System Restore”.
11. Use Registry Editor to Disable Error Message
Here are the steps to be followed:-
- At first Switch on the Windows 10 of your PC.
- Next tap the Login tab make sure to login as the “Administrator”.
- Now hit the “Start” tab.
- Click on “All Programs”.
- Then hit the “Accessories” tab.
- Now, tap on the “Run” tab to open it.
- Fill in “regedit” in the “Run” box and click the “Enter” tab.
- Use the “Registry Editor” to open the path –
- Now, tap the right-click tab on the “MSC Key” available right of the “Registry Editor”.
- Lastly, hit the Delete option to clear the key.
12. Starting the Windows Update Service Again
Follow the following steps mentioned:-
- From your PC go to the “Search Box” and fill in “Command Prompt”.
- In order to run as the “Administrator”, you need to hit the right-click button on the “Command Prompt”.
- Now type the commands in the “Command Prompt”. Tap the Enter key after typing every Command.
- “net stop wuauserv”
- “net stop cryptSvc”
- “net stop bits”
- “net stop msiserver”
- “ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old”
- “ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old”
- “net start wuauserv”
- “net start cryptSvc”
- “net start bits”
- “net start msiserver”
- Once complete restart the system.
- You can now install the updates. The error will not interrupt while downloading the updates.
Hence, these fixes will help you when you face the above-mentioned problems. Sometimes when filing through SharePoint you can encounter the error code 0x80070002 but with the fixes, the error is resolved.