When you are trying hard to complete a project but waiting hours just for QuickBooks to open. You need to know why this error occurs. So here is the keyhole to get through your answers.
QuickBook helps a user in making an accounting report and stores up numerous docs which can be unlocked whenever you feel the need. There seems to occur an error while opening any file or after an update which leads to a file that cannot be opened error. The error reveals that the file is either already in use or read-only.
What are the factors for the file you specified that cannot be opened in QuickBooks:
You cannot get access to a QuickBooks account unless you enter the correct login details. There are reasons why the QuickBook error “The file you specified cannot be opened” appears on the screen.
- The file is damaged that you are trying to open.
- If the file you want to open is already in the open state.
- While updating the software it fails, this means an error is likely to occur.
- The most common reasons were the files affected by Malware.
- You entered the wrong Login ID and that prohibits you from accessing it.
What are the resolution for QuickBooks 15 “The file specified cannot be opened” error:
The first thing you need to take care of is that QB has the latest version. Then enter into the account as administrator if you cannot access the account.
Let’s have a look at the fixes so that you can get rid of the error whenever you face such an error.
1. Rights of the Admin to Login into QuickBooks:
If you do not have the authority to enter into the QB account you cannot head to the account. This is the reason for the error to appear on the screen.
- Go to “QuickBooks” and click to open it.
- Tap the Right Click tab in the next step.
- Now, choose the option “Run as Administrator”.
- After that run the update “Payroll”.
Launch the QB again and check for the error
2. Check that Windows Permissions is Valid:
To avoid the error in the system you should have the permissions. If the settings are not accurate the system might not give permission to enter the QuickBooks account.
- Install “File Explorer” from the Windows taskbar.
- Next, search “QuickBooks”.
- Now, tap the right button on QuickBook.
- Choose the “Properties” option.
- Next, tap on the “Security” tab.
- After that tap on the “Edit” menu and select the “Add” tab.
- Now, type “Everyone” and press the “Ok” button.
- Moving to the “Security” window, select “Full Control”.
- Tap the “Ok” button.
- Tap on again “Add” button.
- Next, type “Users” and click on the “Ok” tab.
- Select, “Full Control” tap “Ok” and then press the “Apply” tab.
- Click “Ok” and then close the page.
It’s all about giving permission to the user to get full access to the account in order to open the file.
3. UAC Settings Configuration:
You can easily enter the QB accounts till the admin make some changes to the system. User Account Control enables put levels of authorization for the user.
- Click “Control Panel”.
- Next, search for the “UAC settings”.
- After that toggle, the UAC slider to the “Never Notify” option and the settings will be turned off.
- Or you can toggle to “Always Notify” in order to turn the button on.
If you were asked to enter a password, add the password and complete the process. Also, reboot the system to indicate the modification.
What are the solution for 2012 or 2013 for the QuickBooks File Specified cannot be Opened?
Like different software has many programs similarly Intuit also has versions like 2012 and 2013. Check the connectivity to get rid of the error.
The following steps you need to follow:-
- Tap the ” Start” tab in order to eliminate the software.
- Go to the “Settings” tab.
- Press the “Apps” tab.
- Choose the “Apps & Features” option.
- Open QuickBook by tapping the right-click button.
- Tap “Uninstall” and complete the required action.
Restart the device and launch the latest version.
- Search for the “Downloads” tab.
- Click the Run tab.
- Go through the onscreen instructions.
- Tap the “Finish” tab.