A feature to convert your reports into a PDF format can be assessed through QuickBook PDF Converter. You can easily transfer the forms into PDF using the tool. But if the tool stops working while printing the document, this could be quite frustrating.
Here the problem occurs due to inaccurate permissions on Windows. On this page, we will be talking about pdf converters not working with QuickBooks on different models and versions. Go through the page to get the answers to why the QB PDF converter is not working on your device.
What is the reason for QuickBooks PDF Converter not working:
There are different reasons that lead to QuickBooks PDF Converter stopping working in models like 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, etc.
If the system or the accounting program has bugs this might affect the system’s performance.
Some of the causes that hinder the converter from working are as follows:-
- Check if the document writer of XPS is properly configured or not.
- You need to check for updates regularly so that the system works in an acceptable manner. If the version is outdated then the system does not function accurately.
- Your Temp folder is full with the cache.
- The permission is not set to take up control of the usernames and groups of your Temp Folder.
How can I fix the error on QuickBooks PDF Converter:
While trying to convert the report into PDF and not able to do so there are a few fixes that will help you to repair the tool.
i) Operate the Repair Tool and QB Print:
This resolution is for Windows versions 7, 8, 10, and so on. Intuit offers repair tools for programs making your work easier. When your QB PDF converter shows an error you need to run the PDF repair tool and also the QB Print.
Steps to be performed to fix the error:-
- Search for the online tool “QuickBooks Tool Hub” and load it to your system device. Check the version and whether it is compatible with the model you are using.
- Double tap the file in order to run it.
- Carefully go through the terms and conditions before accepting it. Once you have read it you can accept the conditions.
- Tap the launch tab after installing the tool.
- Now, move to “Program Problems” and select it.
- Tap on the option “QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool”.
Here the procedure might take up more than a minute to complete the scanning and repairing of the program.
After completing the procedure, check the QB PDF to ensure that the system is working the proper way. Save, print or email to confirm that there is no error occurring but if the error still persists then you need to check for Windows Configuration.
ii) Evaluate the XPS Document Writer:
The accounting software QuickBooks utilizes the services of MS XPS Document Writer in order to save the file in PDF form. You need to examine the writer and check if the error is within it or for any other reason.
- First and foremost, you are required to install “Notepad” on the computer.
- Next, head to test by typing the word “test” on the page of NotePad.
- After that, tap the “File” option.
- Next, pick the “Print” tab.
- Now, tap on the “XPS Document Writer” tab.
- Click the “Print” tab one more time.
- Input the Filename and store it on your desktop screen.
You can now open the file on Notepad. Make sure to print the file using a printer while assessing the error.
iii) Permission of Temporary Folders are rebooted:
The Temp file can store up cache data. It also launches the configuration for the installed program on the version you are using. When the QB is not working you need to reset the settings enabled.
- Click the “Run” tab in the first case.
- Now, type “%TEMP%” in the dialog box.
- Click the “Ok” tab and open the folder.
- Tap the Right Click button on the screen and select “Properties”.
- Select the option “Security”.
- Assess the user names and groups in the “Security” section and ensure that the permissions are enabled.
- After this, you can now print the PDF documents.
QuickBooks Pro 2010 PDF converter not working
The error might occur in the 2011 model also. Moving to the Banking tab and selecting the reconciliation tab, QB 2010 or 2011 can show up as locked up. If such a thing happens the converter might not function nor pop up on the screen.
In order to resolve the issue
- Tap the “Windows” option.
- Search for the reconciliation screen.
- Next, select the “Close All” tab.
Proceed to choose a reconciliation option. If the program does not save to PDF format, try to make changes to the permissions on the system.
QB saves the file and then transfers the form to PDF format. Using the above fixes you can easily get over the error.