To get the most out of accounting software, you may need to acquire a full subscription. Some users might take a trial period of 30 days and then choose to obtain a QuickBooks subscription. You can downgrade or upgrade the plans based on your business needs. Some businesses may decide that they no longer require the service and hence terminate it. There could be a variety of causes including the company’s closure or the difficulty to locate specific functionality in the QB software.
Wondering about how to cancel the Intuit QuickBooks membership, then this page says it all. Furthermore, whether you want to cancel the service relies on how you bought it; through a mobile app or web browser.
You can discontinue the subscribed service on QuickBooks via Self-Employed, Online, Desktop, and Payroll.
What are the different methods to cancel the QuickBooks subscription?
You can terminate the QuickBooks membership in a variety of ways. Making a call for service cancellation is one of the most convenient ways. You can call 844-437-2616 at the customer team to cancel the service. Request the representative to cancel the QuickBooks subscription.
- QuickBooks Self-Employed cancel Subscription
- Cancel QuickBooks Subscription Online
- QuickBooks Payroll Subscription cancel
- Cancel QuickBooks Desktop Subscription
How do I cancel the QB Self-Employed subscription?
Here the subscriptions are either free or paid one. It’s available as a browser extension or as a mobile app. The QuickBooks Self Employed cancel subscription procedure can vary depending on the aspects. If you’re using a browser-based trial or buying a subscription, you’ll need to locate and use the Gear tab in the software. If you want to terminate the service from the phone, go to the App or Google Play Store.
- For a browser-based trial
The trial period usually ends in 30 days but the cancellation of the subscription can be done manually.
The steps involved to complete the cancellation process:
- Log in to the “QBSE” account using the internet browser to end the trial.
- To access the settings, click the “Gear” tab.
- Go to the “About You” area, and tap the “Cancel Trial” option.
- Using the Browser
If you bought the Self-Employed subscription via Intuit or QuickBooks then cancel it under the Billing Info area. Sign in to the software using a web browser to get there. Next, open this part by clicking the settings tab. Cancel the membership and double-check that the technique is working properly.
- Using a web browser, log into the “QuickBook Self-Employed” account.
- Tap on the “Gear” option.
- Next, go to the “Billing Info” and select “Cancel subscription.”
- The third method is to use a mobile device
QuickBooks Self-employed users can also cancel their membership using the mobile app, according to Intuit. If the purchase is through mobile then canceling the subscription is done through the phone app.
i) Through iOS
The steps involved to cancel the subscription on the iOS:-
- Launch the app on your iOS.
- Open the ” Settings” app.
- Select “iTunes and App Store” from the menu.
- Now, use the “Apple ID” in order to log into the Apple account.
- Select “View Apple ID”.
- Go to the “Active” option, and select “Manage.”
- Select “QB Self Employed” and click on it.
- Select “Cancel Subscription”.
ii) Android Tablets or Phones
With the help of the Play Store, you can cancel an Intuit QuickBooks subscription from an Android device.
- Install the “Google Play Store” app on the Android tablet or smartphone.
- Next, log in to your “Google Account”.
- Navigate to the app’s “Menu” option.
- Click on “QBSE” in the “Subscription” section.
- Now, select the “Cancel” option.
It’s worth noting that uninstalling the QuickBooks Self-Employed app from the phone does not terminate the subscription. As a result, you’ll have to complete the process in the store.
How to cancel subscription of Payroll in QuickBooks online:
QuickBooks Payroll is available in both online and desktop formats.
- Payroll Online
- Click the “Settings” tab to open.
- Select the “Account & Settings” tab.
- Select “Billing and Subscription” from the list.
- Heading to the “Payroll” section, click the “Cancel” option.
- Complete the cancellation form to properly terminate the service.
Note: If you’re having trouble discontinuing the payroll subscription, make sure you’re logged in as the account’s Company or Master Admin.
- On-Desktop Payroll
- In order to cancel the subscription, go to the “Employees” tab.
- From this menu, select “My Payroll Service.”
- Select “Account or Billing Info” tab.
- Go to your “Intuit Account” and sign in. This will take you to the “Account Portal” page.
- Select “Cancel Service” option.
- To finish the cancellation process, go through the steps displayed on the screen.
You can also terminate the Payroll subscription in QuickBooks for the Desktop edition by submitting a request. If the above-mentioned methods fail, ask for assistance from Intuit.
How to cancel subscriptions in QuickBooks online?
The service may be withdrawn depending on the source from where you purchased your QBO subscription.
- To begin, open the web browser on the computer.
- Log in as the administrator by searching for “QBO.”
- Select the “Gear” symbol.
- Go to the “Account and Settings” menu.
- Select the “Billing and Subscription” menu. If this option is not available on the screens, it’s because the subscription was made using the mobile app store.
- Choose the “Cancel Online” or “Cancel Subscription” tab. If you’ve already signed up for a free trial, select “Cancel Trial” from the list.
- Follow the instructions on the computer screen.
ii) Apple Devices:
In cases when the software subscription was acquired through the App Store, then utilize the Settings app to cancel it. Open the Settings app on the phone. Then click on the device ID to terminate the QuickBooks Online subscription.
iii) Using an Android Phone:
- On an Android device, click on the “Google Play Store” app to open.
- Select the “Profile” option.
- Go to the “Payment and Subscriptions” area.
- Select the “Subscriptions” tab.
- Next, select “QuickBooks Online”.
- Heading to the “Manage Subscriptions” box, select “Cancel Subscription.”
Suppose the QB is suspended then you must activate the account before eliminating the subscription.
What happens if I cancel my QuickBooks desktop subscription:
It’s possible that you’ll need a CAMPs account to terminate the QBDT subscription. You may monitor account maintenance and make changes through the portal, Customer Account Management Portal.
- Log in to your “CAMPs account” in the first place.
- If you have more than one account, the profile will show which one is currently in use. Select the account if you want to make changes to it.
- Search for the service or subscription under the “Product and Services” option.
- Select “Details”.
- Check to see if this is the same account you want to cancel.
- From the “Active” column, tap the “Cancel Service” tab.
- Now, mention the reasons for discontinuing the service.
- Then select “Continue to Cancel” from the list.
- By tapping the “Cancel Now” tab you are confirming the procedure.
If the QBDT membership includes payroll invoices, you must also terminate the Payroll subscription.