QuickBooks Software holds the ability to maintain the bookkeeping and accounts for an enterprise. QuickBooks for Mac is considered to be enormous in the industry field of accounting software. Some users while using the Mac QuickBooks might face errors in utilizing the app on it. Crash Catcher is one of the common errors faced by users on Mac systems.
In this article, we are going to catch up with the solutions for the Crash Catcher Quickbooks on Mac.
Go through the post to get the resolution for the errors appearing in the Mac system.
The problem crash catcher mainly occurs on the OS when you run QuickBooks.
What are the causes for QuickBooks 2012, 2013, and 2014 Crash Catcher errors on Mac:
When there is a problem in the OS, this results in an error on your Apple PC. The system might get affected not only this the software QB might also get errors stopping you from working on the device.
If you learn about the errors beforehand then it would be much better to acquire a solution for it.
- Software needs an update.
- The databook of QuickBooks is problematic leading to an error.
- The problem is with the account on Mac that does not function well when there is no error. But as you install the software it triggers ending up with the error.
How to fix Crash Catcher in QuickBooks:
The fault might be within Mac and QuickBooks that gives rise to an error. The system you are running needs to be free from bugs. Regular check for updates if any. The errors on Mac will prevent QuickBooks from deterring the software if run via Safe Boot.
Here are some of the fixes that you can try on:-
i) Accounting Software Update:
When you see the error crash catcher QuickBooks on Mac, go to the setting to check whether the system requires an update. In such situations, the update is the only fix and once you install the updates there is an advancement in QB. After completing the system update you can now run a test on the software.
ii) Verify and Rebuild Utility:
When you have a problem with the data your system might load with a crash catcher issue. Try using Verify and Rebuild Utility option to recover from the crash catcher error. Go to Verify Data tab and search for the utility in QuickBooks.
- On the Mac click on the “File” option while running “QuickBooks”.
- Select “Utilities”.
- Click on the option “Verify Data”.
- Now again select the “File” option.
- Tap on the “Utilities” option.
- Click on “Rebuild Data”.
- After that select “Verify Data”.
The process might take time to fully verify the data. Once completed check whether your software has fixed the issue or not. Do not forget to backup the files on the system otherwise, you might lose the important files.
iii) Register a new account:
Error on Mac when you run QuickBooks on it. There is no sign of glitches but the software shows an error. The reason behind this is due to the account on Apple. You can create another account to fix the issue of the error.
- Go to the menu option of “Apple” on the Mac.
- Next, select the “System Preferences” option.
- After that tap on the “Users & Groups” button.
- Press the “+” tab.
- Now, add a new user and lend the “Administrator” rights.
- Using the account you can log in to the Apple computer.
- Now click the Run tab for “QuickBooks”.
- Check if the error persists by doing the activity for which you were receiving an error on Mac.
iv) Safe Boot:
You might confront an error in the operating system that stops you from working on the device. While operating QB you might find the error. So, you need to choose Safe Boot in order to remove such interference. First, restart the PC and enter Safe Mode through booting. Next, select accounting software and inspect the bug in the crash catcher.
The steps that you need to follow:-
- Slide the Mac OS to off mode.
- Next, click the “Power” button.
- Then, select “Shift” continuously on the keyboard.
- The “Desktop” will be visible on the screen and then you need to remove the finger from the key.
- Now, operate the accounting software.
- Check the error if it is still occurring.
- In case the error still occurs you need to start the PC and operate without the the the Safe Boot option.
Hope, these fixes will help you in resolving the QuickBooks Crash Catcher Error on the OS.