Ever struggled to turn off the PS4 controller and it did not switch off. If you turn off the device, it will not drain out the battery when it’s not in use.
There are numerous ways to switch off the PS4 controller. The most used method is when the power is off the controller itself turns off.
How to manually turn off the PS4 controller:
Here the procedure to switch off the controller is not rocket science. Whether it’s PS or PS Pro you can simply switch off using the controller or without it.
- Using the PlayStation tab
- Via Quick Menu
How to turn off the PS4 without a controller
Just by tapping and pressing the PlayStation tab in the middle of your controller for ten seconds.
How to turn off Using the Quick Menu option in the Controller
The steps that you need to follow are mentioned below in order to turn the power mode off:-
- From the controller, click and press the PlayStation tab for 2 seconds, and the Quick Menu will pop up.
- Next, choose the “Sound or Devices” option
- Then pick the option “Turn Off Device.”
- In the Turn Off Device, pick the PS4 controller.
Suppose your device is idle for some time and you have not turned it off then the steps will be the same as we have discussed above up to option (ii). After that, pick the “Set Time Until Controllers Turn Off” option and proceed to select the time you expect to stay i.e. ten minutes, thirty minutes, or for an hour.
Once done, your controller will be automatically turned off after the specified time.
How to turn off PS4 controller Bluetooth mode
In order to turn off the Bluetooth attached to the PS4, Tap on Settings then click on Devices, and at last, tap on Turn Off Device.
How to turn off PS4 controller on PC
- Click on Settings.
- Then proceed to choose Devices.
- Next, pick the “Shut Down Wireless Controller” option
You can also use the Remote Play application and tap on Turn off Device and this will shut down on the Android device wirelessly.
How can I turn off the Parental Controls on the PS4
Turning off the parental controls on the PS4 can be done at any time so that you can limit what the kids are authorized to do on the PS4.
If you know the password you can easily turn it off through the Settings.
- Click on the “Settings” option.
- Tap on the “Parental Controls or Family Management” option.
- Pick “PS4 System Restrictions”.
- Now, type the passcode.
- You will be in the PS4 system and disable the parental control restriction mode.
- Choose “New User Creation and Guest Login,” and then pick the “Allowed” option. Tap the Back tab and next repeat the option for “Web Filter,” “Default Parental Controls”.
- As you modify the status to “Allowed,” this will mean that parental controls are enabled to off mode.
How to turn off parental controls on Fortnite PS4
- Install Fortnite
- Tap on the three horizontal lines.
- Scroll to “Parental Controls”.
- Enter the PIN. If the PIN entered is correct it will be turned off.
How to turn off vibration on the PS4 controller
Tap on the Settings and proceed to the Device option and untick the “Enable Vibration” option.
Either way, it is the sound or noise or the parental controls, these can be turned off easily.
So, turning off the PS4 is the best way to save power when the device is in idle mode.