When the Netflix app crashes, there is always a chance of a message appearing on your screen which states that Netflix has encountered a code UI-800-3 error. You need to try later.
“Netflix has encountered an error.
Retrying in X seconds.
Few things you need to follow when this type of error occurs on your streaming devices:
- Turn off the device.
- Reinstall the Netflix app.
- Clear the cache data of the Netflix app.
This error arises in different devices like Smart Lg TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Samsung TV. It hinders the screen from streaming any shows available on the Netflix app.
So, we are here to help and guide you with the information on how you can solve the problem by eradicating the issue.
What are the reasons that cause the error UI-800-3 on Netflix?
The code that displays on the Netflix app reveals that the main issue is with the app. When you keep the cached data for a longer period then it piles up and leads to showing an error message on the screen. You need to tap the refresh button or F5 for PC users so that the message does not appear on your screen.
As we learned that there might be minor causes that stop the Netflix app from streaming. So we will proceed to look at the fix for this type of error code.
How do I Fix Code UI-800-3 Error on Netflix?
We will discuss the methods to fix the error on different devices like Error code UI-800-3 on Lg TV, Samsung TV, and Amazon Fire TV.
Here are the techniques to be followed:
a) Restart the device that you are streaming
If an error appears on your screen then just try to shut down or turn off your device and then restart it. Sometimes this fixing technique is very helpful for the error UI-800-30.
i) Amazon Fire TV
The steps to fix the issue are as follows:-
- Firstly, tap the Home key of Amazon Fire TV using the remote.
- Choose the Settings tab.
- Choose My Fire TV.
- If Fire TV is not available, try choosing the option System or Device.
- Choose the Restart button.
- Now you can open the Netflix app.
ii) Netflix error on LG TV
Follow the steps below:-
- In the beginning, you need to remove the plug from the TV.
- Now press the power key for say 5 seconds so that it totally discharges.
- Now proceed to put the TV plug back.
- Next, turn on the TV.
- Turn your TV on.
- Open the Netflix app.
b) Sign out from Netflix
i) Amazon Fire TV
Follow the below-mentioned steps:-
- For signing out from the app choose the More Info or More Details tab.
- Next from the Home page choose the Settings tab.
- Now use a different screen and type the keys: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up.
- Now choose the Reset tab.
- When you sign out then you need to again sign in and tap the Netflix app to open.
These steps are the same for the Smart Lg TV when you want to sign out from the device.
c) If error UI-800-30 occurs on Samsung TV then
The main thing you need to do is to reset the TV. Also do not forget to contact the customer service of Samsung and ask the agent to reset the Hub.
d) Remove the Netflix Cache Data
The steps to be followed for Fire TV:-
- Tap the Home key from the remote of the Fire TV.
- Next, go to the Settings option and tap on it.
- Choose Applications.
- Next, choose Manage installed applications.
- Search and choose the Netflix app.
- Tap to clear data.
- Next, choose again Clear data.
- Choose clear cache.
- Remove the plug of your TV for a few seconds.
- Lastly, plug back and open the Netflix app.
e) Install the Netflix app
If you wish to fix the error code then just uninstall the Netflix app. You may not find any option like clear data or cache then the best technique is to uninstall it. Wait for a few minutes and again go for installing the app. Once done make sure that the issue persists or not.
f) Home Network to be restarted
- Remove the plug of the gadget and also the modem plug and the router.
- Next, turn it on.
g) Check the settings of DNS
Make sure to check the Settings of DNS.
h) Smart TV and Modem directly connected
- Remove the plug of Smart TV.
- With the help of Ethernet cable, smart tv and modem need to be connected.
- Remove the modem plug and again put the plug and wait until any new indicators blink.
- Switch on Netflix and start streaming.
i) The Wi-fi Signal need to be improved
- Routers should be moved to a new location to enjoy a better network connection.
- Wireless devices should remain at distance from the router.
- Elevate the router by keeping it at the top like above the bookshelves.
Hence, this article will help you with the techniques to fix the issue. If the problem does not solve instead of following the above methods then contact the service provider for assistance.