Finishing every work of home and sitting down to calm yourself with Netflix just to reveal that the system has experienced the Netflix error code UI-800-2. You do not have any clue why this code occurs and how to fix it.
This blog will help you to solve the error you are facing and you do not require any experts to fix it. You can solve the error by yourself. Here you will learn the meaning and causes of the error code.
Before going to the fixes let’s know a little about what the error UI-800-2 code is, we will clarify to you. At the time of streaming Netflix, because of few reasons you might not be able to continue streaming such as –
- Cached Data
- Network Connection is poor and unstable.
- Your device might support Netflix.
There are devices where this error mainly occurs like Samsung Smart TV, LG Smart TV, and many other devices. We will provide the resolutions for these gadgets and also the steps that will be clearly defined.
Why does the Netflix UI-800-2 Error code appear?
Let’s have a look at the causes for the error on Netflix:-
- When the Internet connection is not strong enough or unstable.
- Your connectivity device has an error.
- Netflix app might have a bug.
- The error in the hardware or a software system.
- The cache is not cleared.
- Netflix accounts might restrict you from the stream.
How to fix UI-800-2 Error on Netflix?
We will discuss the fixes for the devices, LG Smart TV, Samsung Smart TV, and other players.
1 – Check the Internet Connection
Always remember to check the internet connection when you want to stream videos on Netflix. Because if the connection isn’t stable your device will show up as an error code. It does not mean that only Netflix won’t work, the other apps might also not function.
Make sure to check the internet first.
2 – Restart the Wi-Fi device
Users who use the public network or Wi-Fi network need to restart the wifi.
Here are the steps to be followed:
- Firstly, switch off the wifi and unplug from the power source.
- Keep it off for one minute.
- Now, switch on the wifi button and wait for say a minute.
- Next, open the device and launch the “Netflix” app. You will not find the error code on the app, now you can start streaming.
3 – Clear the App Data
Once you clear the app data on Netflix your setting will reset and be in a freshly installed state.
The steps you need to be followed:-
- From the device, then tap at the “Home” screen.
- Click on the “Settings” tab.
- Next, select “General”.
- Tap on “Apps” or “Applications”.
- Now, tap on the “Manage Applications” tab.
- Browse to the option “Netflix” and click on it. If the option is not available proceed to the “Downloaded” option.
- Tap the “Storage” tab.
- Now tap on “Clear Storage” or “Clear Data” and confirm by clicking the “Ok” button.
- Netflix might take some time to clear data from the device.
- Now, access the app once you cleared the data.
When you clear the data from the app the downloaded tiles will also be deleted from it.
4 – Restart the Samsung Smart TV
Here are the steps for you to restart the Samsung TV when you are troubled by the error code ui-800-2.
- In the first case, remove the plug from the Samsung Smart TV for a few minutes.
- Next click the “Power” tab of the TV and stay in the position holding til the device unplugged. After that press the “Power” tab for few seconds.
- Put the plug back in the Samsung Smart TV and switch it on.
- Tap the “Netflix” app to open. The error will be resolved after completing the process.
5 – Reset the Smart Hub on Samsung Smart TV
Smart Hub is already installed on your Samsung device which provides access to various developed features. The error code on Netflix can be fixed by resetting the Smart Hub.
Here are the steps to be followed:-
- Switch on the Samsung Smart TV. Then click on the “Smart Hub” tab from the remote of the TV. The Smart Hub page will pop up.
- From the remote, click the screen will open up. “D” letter to unlock the “Settings” of Smart Hub application.
- Tap on the “Reset” and click the “Enter” tab on the TV remote.
- Type the “Password”. If forgot the PIN, type “0000” which is used as default one.
- You will get the message after the completion of the process.
- Lastly, start the Netflix app. Start streaming videos on thapp app as the error is fixed.
6 – Restart the LG Smart TV
The error ui-800-2 also hinders the LG Smart TV from streaming Netflix. If you restart the device the problem will be solved.
The steps you need to be followed:-
- Firstly, remove the plug of the LG Smart TV when the device is in switch off mode.
- Tap the “Power” tab of LG Smart TV for few seconds after that release it.
- Plug it on the power cable and turn on the TV.
- Now, go to the Netflix app and open it. Check whether the problem persists.
7 – Reset the LG Smart TV
You need to reset the LG TV to remove the error code that becomes hectic while streaming on Netflix app.
The steps to be followed are mentioned below:-
- From the LG Smart TV, tap the “Menu” tab.
- Next click the “Settings” tab to open.
- Now, move to the “Settings” tab, and search the option “Reset”. If this is not on your device then you need to click on “Sign out” or “Deactivate” tab.
- Click “Ok” tab to confirm.
- The resetting process will be completed and next you have to launch the Netflix application.
- Check that the error show up or not while streaming.
8 – Connect the Device Manufacturer
We have discussed the above fixes to solve your issue but if you still find the code displaying on your screen you directly connect to the device manufacturer. It might have problems with your hardware or may be software. So, its better to reach the manufacturer as soon as possible before it is too late.
Hence, this article will solve the error code UI-800-2 from appearing on your device screen. Follow the steps properly to get the issue resolved.