Netflix is an app where you can catch up on the latest movies and shows. There is a vast list of movies in the library. But it doesn’t mean that this app is free from errors. You will confront one or the other errors when you want to stream. If you are one of them to get such an error then you surf on the right page.
Here in this blog, we will talk about the Netflix error 10002.
The first thing you need to know is this error occurs only on iPhone devices. Let us proceed to the fixes so that the error will be removed from the device.
How to fix the Netflix error 10002 on iPhone?
Following are the few fixes make sure to go through the points carefully to resolve the issue:-
1. Restart the router and the streaming device
- First and foremost, you need to restart the device where you want to stream, and also the router of your device should be freshly restarted.
- Switch off the device and remove the plug from the power source.
- Next, switch off the router and remove the plug for a few minutes.
- After that put the plug back and switch on the router.
- Turn on the device and start streaming videos on Netflix to check whether the issue has been resolved.
2. Sign out of Netflix on iPhone
By signing out the issue might be resolved as some users find this fix helpful.
The steps you need to follow:-
- Go to the browser and type Netflix.com. Now sign out from the account.
- Tap on the profile tab.
- Choose Account to open different other options.
- Go to the Settings tab and tap the Sign out option.
- Wait for a few minutes and again sign in with the credentials.
3. The Wi-Fi signal needs a boost
If you are using wifi then you need to try boosting the Wi-Fi network. You can simply place the router in a different position. Make sure to place it on the high shelf and this will be the best position to reach wifi.
Also, update the router using the settings of the browser. One more thing you can do to boost the wifi does not to keep the wireless and router together.
4. Clear the cache and data from Netflix
When you clear the data from the app, usually, you will lose your downloaded tiles but the code will not display on the screen as do so. If you can stream you will surely get the videos again.
Here are the following steps:-
- Go to the Settings tab from your iPhone device.
- Then choose the General tab.
- Choose Apps or Applications as available on the device.
- Choose Manage Applications, Application Manager, or Manage All Apps different devices have different features.
- Then choose Netflix.
- After that choose Storage.
- Tap Clear Data or Clear Storage, then click on the OK tab.
- Now go to the Netflix app and open it.
5. Uninstall the Netflix app and reinstall it again
- Firstly, from the device’s home screen, click and hold the Netflix app until it shakes.
- Click on the X tab which blinks on the top left corner of your app.
- Click the Delete tab and after that click the Done button or tap the Home key.
- Next, open the Application Store.
- Scan through the search bar and install the app.
- Launch the app and check whether the issue has been resolved.