If you are a MediaCom customer and struggle to log in or stay connected to your email contact, then set it up on Microsoft Outlook. One of the most used email hosting platforms, MS Outlook provides a user with an emailing experience worth acknowledging. So if you want to set up your Mediacom Mail on Outlook then our guide on MediaCom email Outlook settings will be of great help to you. The configuration of the MediaCom email setup Outlook is easy if you follow the below-mentioned steps one by one with correct and appropriate inputs. The process to configure MediaCom email Outlook is not very lengthy and can be completed within a few minutes. If you have Outlook installed on your computer, you will be required to make some changes in settings.
Follow these steps to complete MediaCom email setup Outlook:-
How to set up MediaCom email in Outlook 2010?
If you are using a newer version of the Outlook app on your computer, any version after 2007, then the instructions for MediaCom email Outlook settings are as follows:
- Open your MS Outlook app by double-clicking on the desktop icon or single click on the icon placed in the taskbar. If you can not find the Outlook app installed on your computer then search for the app from Start Menu.
- To begin with, the MediaCom email Outlook settings, click on File option, go inside the Account Settings.
- On the Account Settings page, click on the New button located on the left-hand side as you are adding MediaCom email to Outlook.
- Select the “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” option from the list presented by the app.
- Now, select the Internet E-mail option and fill in the relevant information related to your MediaCom account.
- Type your full name in the User Name field. Be careful with the User Name as this title will reflect in the “From” field when you will send an email to someone.
- The Outlook app will ask you to fill in the Email Address. Enter your correct MediaCom email address.
- It is time to fill in the Server Information. Under the Account Type tab, select POP3 and fill in Incoming Mail Server as mail.mediacombb.net. The Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) for your MediaCom email Outlook settings will be smtp.mediacombb.net.
- The app will now ask you for relevant information under the Logon Information tab. Type your Mediacom email address, everything before the ‘@’ part, in the User Name.
- Enter the correct password of your MediaCom email ID. If you do not remember your password then you can not proceed with the MediaCom email Outlook settings. To reset your password, visit mediacomcable.com and click on forgot password. You will be asked to answer a security question or fill One Time Password to generate a new password.
- After you fill in the password correctly, click on the More Settings option located on the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Now go inside the E-mail Settings and select the Outgoing Server to check the box next to the ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ text.
- You will be asked to log in again by entering the correct user name and password. Remember you need to type only the first part before the @ symbol in the user name field.
Keep the Remember Password option ticked for much convenience.
- Now, open the Advanced tab and keep SSL yes for both Incoming and Outgoing mail. Type 587 in the SMTP Port for Outgoing server and 995 in the POP3 port for Incoming mail.
- Click on the OK button and the Close option to complete the MediaCom email settings for Outlook
MediaCom email in Outlook 2007
For those of you, who are wondering how to set up MediaCom email in Outlook 2007 or an older version of the Outlook app, the guidelines are as follows:
- Open the Outlook app on your computer system and click on the File tab to select the Add Account option:
- You will be asked to enter your email address. Type in your MediaCom email ID and click on the Connect option.
- Now, enter your personal information such as user name, email address, and password before hitting the Next button.
- In case, the Outlook app prompts you to enter the password again, do not worry and click on OK to enter the correct password again. Once logged in, click on the Finish option to start using your MediaCom email account in Outlook.
Congratulations! The MediaCom email settings for Outlook have been configured but you need to test its operations as you can not afford to miss important emails. It will take another few minutes of yours. Click on the Test Settings option and follow the screen options until it says process complete.
So, this is how you can easily setup MediaCom email in Outlook. It is not much difficult and time taking. All you need is patience and attention to follow each step mentioned above with utmost care. If you are still not getting email with MediaCom through Outlook express, there can be many factors responsible for this.
One of the most common factors is a slow internet connection. In some cases, the problem can be within the MediaCom server settings. In both cases, it is advisable to contact the customer support of the respective service providers.
If you are dialing the MediaCom technical support helpline 1 (855) 633-4226 then make sure you ask them how to set up MediaCom email on Outlook. Try the steps you have been asked to follow and see if that works for you. Once the process is complete, you can read our mentioned instructions and check what had gone wrong at the first attempt in your specific case.