In this article, we will cover the printer installation process on mac. Many users are always worried about the printer installation process, as they lack practical knowledge. Don’t fear, as this article gives you a piece of sufficiently comprehensive information about the printer installation process on your computer. The thought of having a printer is a daunting task for many people. As they do not know how to install printers on mac. But if you know the instructions, it’s really easy to do. You can add a printer to your Mac desktop or laptop only if you need a printer or several impressors to connect to a business network.
When you think about the printer installation process, visit our site. As we had prepared an article on how to install printers on mac, and presented various solutions in the simplest manner possible. Through our study, we will send you an ample amount of knowledge on how to install a printer on a mac. The thought of using a printer is bullying to certain people, though, if they know the installation instructions properly then they can install the printer on mac pretty easily. You will connect a printer to your desktop or laptop if you only have to connect a printer or multiple printers to your company’s network. Go through the presented information below and gain Music to your ears quite effortlessly.
What are the different methods available for installing printers on mac?
You can install printer on mac in many ways like-
- Wi-Fi protected settings (WPS)
- IP Address
How to install printer on mac via Bluetooth?
As mentioned above, all four methods will successfully install the printer on your Mac. So without wasting your time, we will discuss them (printer installation process) thoroughly one by one:-
First, we will discuss the printer installation via Bluetooth mode. The Bluetooth method is super fast and very simple to implement. When you choose Bluetooth mode to install printer on mac then you need to implement the following mentioned steps thoroughly:-
- Take your Mac and visit the Bluetooth section. In this section, you will be needed to enable the Bluetooth of your device. You will get the enable button at the top corner of the system screen.
- Once you enabled the system Bluetooth, Turn ON the printer by pressing the power button.
- Next, mark your presence on the Apple Menu section. Expand the section and choose the System Preferences option.
- Hit the Printers and Scanners tab and start to examine the list of devices.
- Click on the + sign, you will get it at the bottom of the mac screen.
- Tap on the Default tab and choose the name of your printer from the available options.
- Once you get the printer, it means your printer is ready to go through the installation process. Once the installation process completes, you can mount the printing system on your Mac.
How to install printer on mac via Wi-Fi protected settings (WPS)?
The Wi-Fi protected settings (WPS) connection can be added to your printer wirelessly. Usually, you will need to connect to WPS by pushing the Wireless or Wi-Fi button on your printer and pressing the WPS button on your router.
Depending on the printer and router, however, the steps can vary, so consult your printer and user guides for specific guidance. You can continue to take the steps below if you have set them (install printer on mac) via the WPS:-
- Lunch your mac and wait for the finishing of the reboot process.
- Tap on the Apple icon, you will get the icon at the top-left corner of the mac screen.
- Next, you will be required to visit the System Preferences section to choose the Printers and Scanners option. In some Mac models, you will get the Printers and Scanners option as the Print & Scan option under the Hardware section.
- Under the list of printers, you will get the + sign, select it. Sometimes, you may face issues while tapping on the + sign, the reason might be you are in the lock stage. So for that, you need to press the Lock icon, you will get it at the bottom of the page. Enter the required credentials(password) to make necessary adjustments in the Print & Scan menu.
- In the default section, you will get the list of devices. From the available list, choose your printer whom you wish to install. Select the printer driver in the Use field.
- Once you get the name of your device(printer), click on the Add tab. In the list of printers, you will get the name of your printer. The latest printer will be included and on the left side of the Print & Scan window, you can witness the name of your printer.
How to install printer on mac via USB?
Many users do not believe in wireless technology and wish to install a printer on mac via USB. You will need a USB for implementing the installation process. The USB must be in the operational state and it should be mounted to the printer.
Open the System Preferences for your computer before you use the USB. You can load the printer on your computer with the USB option. To install the printer on mac via USB, you need to implement the following steps:-
- Take the USB cable and plug it into the printer and Mac laptop USB port to create a firm connection between them. The system will apply the required algorithm and the device will automatically detect the name of the printer.
- Click on the Apple icon and visit the System Preferences section. Under it, select the Printers and Scanners option.
- After that, you will need to tap on the + sign. Select the name of the printer and add it.
- A list of network printers will be available in the default tab. Check the name of a USB printer on the Kind page.
- Next, tap on the Add tab. Your printer will be included in the list of printers. You can see the name of the printer on the left-hand side of the Print & Scan panel.
How to install a printer on mac via IP Address?
When you choose to install a printer on mac via the IP Address then you need to keep a few things in mind that you must have details about the printer’s IP address. When you are aware of the IP Address details, simply add the Printers & Scanners Printer to the Device Preferences menu. Hereabouts is the step-by-step solution to install printers on mac via IP Address:-
- Select the Apple icon.
- Launch the System Preferences option.
- Choose the Printers and Scanners option.
- Explore the option and tap on the + sign tab, below the printer list you will get the + sign.
- Next, press the IP tab and enter details about the printer’s IP address in the Address field.
- The system will recognize the IP address and show information about the printer.
- You can rename the printer as per your requirement.
- Mark your presence on the Use field. In the Use box, choose the print driver and tap on the Add tab.
The above information will help you to install the printer on mac, in case you find any difficulty then consult the experts through the customer service number. You can reach them at your will as the toll-free number 1-800-APLCARE is operated throughout the year.