It has been seen that some of the users of Hulu are facing an error when they attempt to play a particular media such as the 5005 error code on their account. It is mostly seen occurring on the users’ accounts who are using Hulu either on their PC or on Xbox One.
In case you are experiencing this issue, the first troubleshooting endeavor ought to be to decide that this issue is brought about by an issue of the server.
When you discover that the problem arises locally, try to refresh or update the browser to the updated version and check whether this winds up resolving the issue completely.
Verify the status of the server of Hulu
Before you go through different fixes, you need to guarantee that the issue is not outside your capacity to control. Remember that Hulu has a past of basic server issues that remained on for many days. Some users also argue that this is the reason why streaming services forfeited the initial war with Netflix.
So, make sure to check whether Hulu is confronting any issue with the server. Begin with Downdetector and Outage. report detecting if different users in the region are having a similar issue or not.
If the analysis above indicates server problems but you wish to recheck, then for any information of an outage duration you need to visit Hulu’s Twitter account.
If you have verified that HULU is presently struggling with the issues of the server, you just have to wait to solve the problem by the software engineers.
You can also get the Hulu error on Chromecast because it sometimes does not recognize Hulu apps.
Hulu has several error codes and 5005 is one of the codes that occurs while you try to stream videos on the app. They are relevant playback errors that want you to check the internet connection.
How to fix error 5005 on Hulu?
1. Is your Hulu app server down?
To start with, check if the 5005 code is an issue with your server. To do as such, open on the browser the page of Downdetector for Hulu. That advises you if there is an issue. If the server is weak then wait for Hulu to fix it.
2. Clear the browser history
- If you found that your server is strong enough to stream videos then try to clear the browsing history. In order to do that, tap the Customize and control Google Chrome tab of the browser.
- After that tap More tools and Clear browsing data to open the options.
- Choose the All-time tab in the Time range menu list.
- Choose the Cached images and files and Cookies and other site data tabs.
- Tap on the Clear data tab.
3. Update the browser
- If the version is an antique then surely you need to update the browser to the latest version. Unless you update you cannot enjoy new features if there are any. It also fixes the error 5005. Tap the Customize and control Google Chrome menu tab.
- Choose the Help > About Google Chrome tabs.
- After the completion of the updating process restart Google Chrome.
4. Re-install the Hulu app
- Just uninstall the Hulu app and then install it again. Tap on the “Type here to search” tab on the taskbar of Windows 10’s.
- Type app.
- Next, tap on Apps & features to open that Settings button.
- Choose the Hulu app, and tap the Uninstall tab.
- After that restart the windows.
- Now install the Hulu app again and once it complete check whether the issue persists.
5. Check the Windows date and time settings
- If the date and time are not set according to the timezone you might face an error. First, check the settings. Go to Type here to the search box and type the date.
- Tap on Date & time settings so that the window pops up.
- Check if the right time is selected on the list shown.
- If the automatic option is on then turn off the button.
- Tap on the Change tab.
- At last, choose the right option and tap on the Change tab.
6. Change the settings of DNS
- If the error does not resolve then change the settings of the network to Google DNS. Tap the Windows and R key together and the Run tab will pop up on the screen.
- Type in the box ncpa.cpl. Then tap the OK tab so the Control Panel opens up.
- Next, by right-clicking on the net connection to choose Properties.
- Choose Internet Protocol Version 4, and tap the Properties tab.
- After that, tap the “Use the following DNS server addresses” radio option.
- Type 188.8.131.52 in the Preferred DNS server box.
- Next, fill 184.108.40.206 in the Alternative DNS server box.
- Lastly, tap the OK tab to confirm.
So, these are the resolutions that fix the error 5005 Hulu.