When you command the printer to print it does not print any document. This is because the printer is not responding.
If this type of error occurs on the Hp printer it is quite frustrating. You might have a question in your mind why my hp printer is not responding.
So, this article is what you need. We will discuss the causes and fixes in order to remove the error from your device.
What are the causes for the errors printers not responding on Hp?
The error can occur on different Hp printer models like- LaserJet 1020 and p2015, HP Deskjet 2540, Hp Deskjet 3630, Hp Envy 110, 4500, 4520, 5530, 7640, hp Officejet 4630.
Let’s have a look at the causes to make it easier to resolve the blunder.
- If the device is not connected properly to the computer thus showing the error printer not responding.
- When the printer setup is incorrect.
- While installing it is not installed completely leading to missing printer drivers.
- The papers in the tray are not cleaned or not enough paper present on it.
- The level of ink in the cartridge is low.
- Any cartridge is placed in the printer.
How to fix the issue of the HP printer not responding to the print command on the computer?
When your Hp printers are facing an error message ‘printer not responding’ then you can fix the error by following the techniques that we will discuss below.
1. Check the Hardware:
If the system always shows the error then you need to check the hardware.
Here are the following steps to be followed:-
- Firstly, switch off the device, system, and other external components connected to it.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes till the system idles itself.
- Now attach the cables and restart the computer.
- At last perform a print test and check whether the issue is resolved.
2. Reboot the Print Spooler Programme:
The print spooler is the one that manages the command to print that is sent to the printer server. This program helps you to delete the print job.
If you want to reboot the spooler then follow the following steps to fix the error:-
- Firstly, select the Windows and R keys together and then the run window pops up.
- Then, type ‘services.msc’ in the dialog box and tap the enter tab.
- A list opens up, tap the ‘Print Spooler’ option from it.
- Next, double click the Print Spooler tab and open the properties option.
- Now, go to the System Status option and tap the ‘Stop’ tab and after that tap the OK tab.
- Unless you reset it, the print service will remain in disable mode. The users can delete the printing task lined up in the printer.
- Now move to the PC window by tapping Windows and E keys both together.
- Now tap the ‘C’ drive and head to ‘Windows’ option.
- Select System 32<Spool<Printers from the options available.
- In order to access the Printer’s folder, you need to have the permission so tap the Continue tab and proceed.
- After opening the ‘Printers’ folder, you can access the files. You need to clean the files and then continue.
- Now launch the Print Spooler program once again.
- Make sure to maintain the Startup Type field as Automatic.
- Lastly reboot the print and now you will not find the error occuring on your system.
3. Configure to the Correct Port:
If you facing the error that the printer not responding then try to configure it to the correct port.
Here are the steps to be followed:-
- First and foremost, hold the Windows and S keys and tap it at the same time. This will open the Search bar
- Next, type ‘Printers and Devices’ option in the search bar in order to install the Control Panel.
- Now, tap the right button on the printer’s model and hover to properties option.
- Next, check the box available next to the location of the printer.
- Now restart the device and check whether the issue persists.
How to fix the HP Printer Not Responding Error on Mac?
Sometimes you may face the printer not responding error on your Mac. You do not need to worry you can fix the issue by just going through this article.
1. Reset the Network Connection
If you do not find the network connection stable then reset it by following the instructions mentioned below:-
- First, switch the printer to off mode, and after few minutes turn the printer on.
- Next, go to the printer screen and check if the message displays. If itvappears then proceed to the next step.
- Tap the Apple tab and a list opens up.
- Select the option ‘System Preferences’ and a window with the exact name emerges.
- Now, head to the Hardware section, and hit to pick the ‘Print & Scan’ option.
- You will find many printers added to the list of queue. Delete by tapping the ‘-’ tab.
- Now tap the + sign in order to add a printer. Here you will find the model name in the section ‘Printer Name’.
- Pick the required model. By doing this the fields related to the printer will automatically filled up.
- Hit the Add tab and this it will choose the required printer for the task.
2. USB Connection
If your Mac device still facing the printer issue you can opt for the second technique.
You can connect your USB cable to the printer and ensure the distance should be less than 6 feet.
Follow the steps to be followed:-
- First thing you need to do is to connect the Usb to the printer.
- Next pick System Preference option from the list.
- Go to the Hardware section and hit on the ‘Print & Scan’ option.
- The system will automatically detect the printer. You will see the model name in the ‘Printer Name’ section.
- Now, select the printer model and click the Add tab.
- Now once you complete take a print test in order to check whether the printer is operating well.
These are a few of the fixes and solutions you can perform without any experts assistance. But if the printing not responding error still occurs on your printer and prevents from printing then contact the support team of the Hp printer. As of now, we are sure that if we follow these simple steps we can keep our printer safe from any error.