The significant aspects of HP printers take the productivity value to a higher phase. HP printers are known as the most valuable that make your task smoother. However, imagine a scenario in which the HP printer cartridge error occurs. It might be disturbing when the hp printer error message “print cartridge missing or not detected” shows up.
In this blog, we have discussed how to fix or bypass the hp incompatible print cartridge error. The Hp printer models like Hp Officejet 4315 and 5510, Hp Envy 4500, Hp 5610, Hp Psc 1350, Hp c 5280, etc if the error occurred it can be fixed by going through the blog.
What do you mean by HP Printer Cartridge Error?
When you command the HP printer to print and then the cartridge error message will appear. If the cartridge has low ink then the error is likely to occur. Your device cannot recognize the cartridge. Unless you fix the error you won’t be able to start the printing job.
If you want your device to be free from error then you should be aware of the causes that hinder you from printing.
Here are a few of the causes of the error of HP Printer Cartridge:
- Protective Strips are not removed:
As soon as a new cartridge is installed you need to remove the protective strips. If it is attached to the cartridge then the printer won’t recognize the device. Also, check whether any tabs or covers are attached or not, remove them before installation.
- Broken or Dirty Metal Contacts:
When the HP printer is contacted with broken and dirty metals then your device will stop working. New cartridges need to be connected to metal contacts but no dirt should be present on them otherwise there will be no communication.
- Installing an Incompatible Ink Cartridge:
If you have a hp PhotoSmart c4480 you need to have a compatible print cartridge so that the error does not occur. So always check the cartridge model before installing an incompatible one.
- Update the Software:
When your printer stops functioning the way it used to be then check for the updates. This might be the cause why the error message of the HP printer ink cartridge appears. But sometimes it fails to understand the ink cartridge as consistent which leads to deter the ink cartridge from functioning.
- Damage Chips and Refill Cartridge Error:
Once you use the refill cartridge this might get destroyed and cause leaks. This will be the reason for the refill cartridge error to pop up. When the printer examines the chip, it will write it as vacant. Some special tools are required in order to fix the error.
How to fix the hp printer cartridge stalled error?
Let’s have a glimpse at the solutions to fix the print cartridge error on the Hp Printer
1. Reset the HP Printer
Most of the problems resolve after resetting the device.
Following are the steps to fix the error:
In most situations, resetting your HP printer will resolve the cartridge error.
Follow these 6 steps to reset your HP printer:-
- First and foremost, plug the power cord and turn the On button of the Printer.
- Next, open the top cover and remove the ink cartridges.
- Now, carefully place the ink cartridge aside.
- Next, take the cartridge and place it back.
- Close the cover and then turn the printer to off mode.
- Make sure to wait for a few minutes before turning on the printer.
- At last, check that the error is resolved by printing a test page.
2. Clean the Metal Contacts and fix the Cartridge Print Error:
If you want the metal contacts to be free from dirt then follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Always remember to turn off the Hp printer and remove the plug from the power cord before cleaning any printer parts.
- Next step, remove the ink cartridge by opening the upper lid of the printer.
- Now, keep the ink aside.
- After that check if any dirt is present on the metal contacts.
- Next take a dry cloth and clean the metal contacts. Be gentle when you clean it and avoid any external pressure.
- Check if the metal contacts are wiped properly. Next place the ink cartridge back correctly in the HP printer.
- Now you can turn on the printer.
- At last print a test page and check if the error persists.
3. Put a compatible ink cartridge so that it can be recognised:
The steps of instructions to fix the ink cartridge error is mentioned below:-
- Firstly, tap the power off button of the Hp printer.
- Now open the upper cover of the printer.
- Next take the ink cartridge out which is not recognized. Place it in a safe area.
- Now take the old compatible ink cartridge and place it on the HP printer.
- Keep the printer idle for a few minutes.
- Next remove the old ink and install with a new one.
- After that restart the HP printer.
- By following these steps the error will not occur on the Hp printer.
It might be profitable for you to understand that Hp’s new model laser HP 3050 printers accompany a setting that allows just the original toners. A message hp laserjet 3050 no print cartridge error will occur if the setting is enabled the non-original toners will not be able to function. Go to the section of the printer menu’s security and disable it.