When your laptop faces some issues unless you reset the device it doesn’t work. At some point when you want to sell your Hp Laptop, then you need to factory reset your device.
But many may not know how to proceed to reset.
In this blog, we will talk about –
- how to factory reset hp laptop without a password
- how to factory reset hp laptop windows 7, 8 and 10
- how to factory reset a hp stream laptop
- how to factory reset hp laptop from startup
- how to factory reset hp laptop windows 7 without cd.
You need to go through this blog if you want to reset the factory settings.
Few reasons why you want to reset the settings of your Laptop:-
- Sometimes your Laptop freezes because you have misplaced or removed any files from it.
- Minor faults in the Settings can lead to crashing the program that you want to open.
You have no other choice but to reset the factory settings that will improve the laptop performance.
How to Reset My HP Laptop to Factory Settings?
In the Binary Input Output System (BIOS) you can reset the factory settings of the HP laptop. If you have removed something from the laptop, it may not operate as before.
If you want your device to reset to default settings then follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- Boot the HP laptop.
- When the laptop turns the screen black then tap the “F10” key and boot it.
- Next, click the “F9” in the “BIOS” system.
- A dialogue box will pop up. Tap on the “Yes” tab.
- Select the F10 key and after that choose the “Save and Exit” tab.
- As you tap on the above-mentioned tab your laptop starts rebooting.
Make sure to update the drivers after rebooting the device.
Is it possible to reset the settings on HP Laptop without a Password?
Yes, it is possible for you to reset the settings on the HP laptop without a password.
You need to go through the steps to make it in a default state without a password:
If you wish you can back up your files and also tap the F11 tab to reboot the device.
- Firstly, you are required to unplug the attached cables from the Laptop.
- Next, you need to check the external devices if connected, remove them.
- Then, start the HP Laptop.
- While you start the device, tap the F11 a few times.
- After that, you will see a screen, tap on the “Troubleshoot” option.
- On the next page, tap the “Recovery Manager” tab.
- Then move to the Help tab and choose the option “System Recovery” from it.
- If you do not want your files to be lost then select Backup or choose the “Recover without Backing up Your Files” option.
- Hit on the “Next” tab.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions as shown and complete the booting process.
When you choose the Recover Manager then you will not be asked to enter any password.
How to factory reset HP laptop windows 10?
The users can reset the HP through Settings. You can also reset the HP stream without using a password on Windows 10.
We will discuss below how to factory reset the hp stream 14 laptops.
You can opt to reset the Windows 10 without a password using Windows Password Fixer and USB streak drive.
Here are the steps to be followed for reset HP 14 Laptops on Windows 10 without a password:-
- Firstly, make sure that the device is connected to the plug.
- Test keyboard and mouse need to function properly.
- Next, install the “Windows Password Fixer” and after that run it on the system.
- Then, burn the “Windows Password Fixer” to a “USB Flash Drive”. You can generate a reset disc for a password.
- Now link the HP laptop to “USB Drive” and start booting the system.
- In the next step, tap on the “Reset Password” option and remove the password.
- Click the “Reboot” tab and discard the “USB Drive”.
- After completing the above step, you are required to restart the Laptop because unless you restart the changes you made won’t function.
- Now, sign in and no need to enter the password.
- In the Start tab click the “Search” box.
- Type the “Recovery Manager” option.
- Hit on “Enter” and tap on the most adequate tab.
- The option “User Account Control will appear on your screen and then hit the “Yes” button.
- As you click on the above option, the “HP Recovery Manager” will pop up. Next, hit the “Help” tab.
- Click on the “Windows Recovery Environment” option.
- Hit the “Ok” tab and the system will start to reboot.
- Go to the “Choose an Option”, and tap on the “Troubleshoot” tab.
- Tap the “Recovery Manager” option.
- Next, select the option “Recover without Backing up Your Files”.
- Click the “Next” tab.
- Lastly, go through the instructions as given on the screen and complete the procedure.
The above-mentioned steps can also be used to reset the hp 15 laptop.
How to factory reset hp laptop windows 8?
Users using the HP laptops with Windows 8 can reset using Windows Recovery Environment. Select the options from the list. After selecting the option, the system restoration process will start. Once completed the device will set to the default settings.
Follow the steps mentioned below to reset the Hp Laptop on Windows 8:-
- Firstly, access the bar on Windows 8.
- Go to the Search tab and type “Recovery”.
- A list appears then tap on the “HP Recovery Manager” option from it.
- Select the option “I Need Immediate Help.”
- Next, click on “Windows Recovery Environment”.
- The system reboots after giving confirmation.
- Your device will restart and an option will pop up on the screen “Choose an Option”. Select “Troubleshoot”.
- Next, choose the option “Recovery Manager”.
- A new page will be available to your screen for “Recovery Manager”, under the “Microsoft System Restore”, hit on the option “I Need Immediate Help”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the process.
Once completed the settings will be set to default settings on the HP laptop.
How to factory reset hp laptop from startup windows 7
If your Laptop has some issues then try resetting with the Startup method and also without using any CD
1. Reset to Factory Settings from Startup on Windows 7
Following steps to be followed to reset the settings to default state on Windows 7:-
- First and foremost, the most important step is to restart the HP laptop.
- Then tap on the “F11” key.
- Press the key till you see “System Recovery Menu”.
- After the option appears then take the cursor to the section “I Need Help Immediately”.
- Select “System Recovery”.
- Back up your files before rebooting.
- Next, choose the option for backing up the files.
- Then hit the “Next” tab.
- Click the “Ok” tab.
- Lastly, tap on the “Finish” tab and the system gets restarted.
2. How to factory reset hp laptop windows 7 without cd?
You can use the password instead of a CD to reset Windows 7.
The following steps need to be followed:-
- Restart the laptop.
- Then, the booting process will start as you tap the “F11” key.
- “Recovery Manager” will appear on your display screen. Move your pointer to the section “I Need Help Immediately”.
- Click on “System Recovery”.
- Tap on the option “Backup Your Files”.
- After that click the “Next” button.
- If you have an external hard drive then connect it to the HP laptop. This will back up your files to the Hard Drive.
- Choose a blank CD and insert it into the drive.
- Select the driver letter.
- Tap on the “Next” tab.
- The backup procedure will start. You need to have patience till the procedure completes.
- After that hit on the “Next” tab again.
- The “Recovery Manager” will be in the default state.
- Tap the “Finish” tab.
- Go through the instructions as given on your screen. Also, follow the steps and complete the procedure of installation.
You might be facing many issues and your last option is only to reset your HP Laptop. By resetting the Factory Settings to default the device performance will work better than before. You can reset your Laptop without using a CD or password.
Reading this article will help you to reset the Hp Laptop.