The case of freezing and black screen on HP Laptop is quite frustrating. One or the other day you might be facing this type of issue on your laptop.
But not to worry, this article is all about the black screen on HP Laptop, black screen of death on Chromebook, hp envy x360 black screen, hp EliteBook black screen, and how to fix it.
What are the reasons for the HP laptop not starting up but showing a black screen?
Let’s point out few reasons that will help while fixing the Hp laptop:-
- If the display driver software is incompatible.
- When there is a software problem you will see a backlight occurring.
- Suppose you are using Windows 8.1 and the device is overheating then it will show the black screen but still running.
- Nowadays different features are available on the laptop and this inbuilt feature is the root cause for the screen to become black.
- If the video card is overheated.
- Check before installing windows, if it is incompatible then your device will show black while startup.
- Errors on Drivers and Software update.
- The issue with the Display.
- If the power supply is not stable.
- Check the data cables are not loose.
- The virus is another worst reason for the black screen to occur.
How to fix my hp computer screen is black?
Below are the repairs to fix the Hp laptop:-
i) When you log in your device turns black then you need to Restart the HP laptop:
Your screen turns black then these steps need to be followed:-
- Hold the Start tab and turn off the device.
- Remove the charger and also the battery.
- Next tap the Start tab for 60 seconds and your black screen will repair easily.
ii) Restart the ‘explorer.exe’ to solve the issue on the startup:
Follow the simple steps mentioned below:-
- Firstly, open the Task Manager by tapping together the Ctrl, Alt and Del keys.
- Under task manager, you will see ‘Detail Tab’ and search ‘explorer.exe’ process option
- Tap on the ‘explorer.exe’ tab and then hit on the ‘end task’ tab.
- Next, restart the device and check the issue. If you do not find the black screen appearing on your laptop then this will be your last step otherwise proceed to the next.
- Click the Task Manager and tap on the ‘File’ tab and choose ‘Run New Task’.
- Here you need to type ‘explorer.exe’ and tap the ‘Enter’ Button.
iii) Upgrade the Graphics Driver of the Laptop:
When the HP Chromebook graphic driver is outdated then your screen will appear to be black.
Follow the steps to update the driver:-
- Select Windows and X together and press it. Then choose ‘Device Manager.
- Next, expand the ‘Display Adapters’ and then tap the right click button on the option ‘Graphic Driver’ & choose ‘Properties’.
- After that a window pops up, hit on the ‘Update Driver’ option.
- Lastly, choose the option ‘search automatically for updated driver software’.
By following the above steps the problem will be fixed.
HP Envy x360 laptop black screen after login
HP Laptop cannot be accessed after Login into the account. So, here are the fixes so that your issue will be resolved as soon as possible.
i) Recover from the Bios Settings:
Follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Switch the laptop in the first case then turn off the Power Plug.
- Next, select Windows and B key together and then tap the Power tab for a second.
- As you tap the Power tab the power light will switch on and after 40 seconds your screen turns black.
- You need to wait to complete the BIOS Update process on the HP laptop.
- Lastly, restart the device.
ii) Boot the device to Safe Mode:
When you face the black screen issue make sure that you download and burn the media to USB.
Follow the instructions mentioned below:-
- Connect the media to your Laptop and switch it off. Then boot it from USB.
- After that the option ‘Repair this Laptop’ will appear on your screen.
- Next, turn off the laptop and try to troubleshoot it.
- Now, move further to the Advanced Options then Startup Settings followed to the Restart tab.
- You need to press the F5 key to boot it to Safe Mode with Networking and then tap the ‘Enter’ button to unlock the ‘Safe Mode’.
- After this your device does not show the error after startup.
iii) Disable the Fast Startup:
Here are the following instructions to disable the fast startup:
- Visit the ‘Control Panel’ option and tap the ‘Power Options’ tab.
- Then hit on the ‘Choose what power buttons do’.
- Hit on the ‘Change settings that are currently unavailable’ tab.
- After that, uncheck the ‘Turn on fast startup (recommended)’ tab and then hit on the ‘Save changes’ option.
- At last restart the device and check if the issue persists.
Hp laptop preparing automatic repair then black screen:-
In this case, tap Ctrl + Alt + Del keys together and then the Task Manager will open up. Next tap File > Run new task and enter “explorer.exe” and lastly hit the OK button. This might solve the error of the screen turning black.
Few of the measures to repair Black screen problem in HP Laptop
- Firstly, switch the laptop to off mode.
- Next, unplug the cord, battery and any external devices.
- Tap the power key for 60 seconds and then release.
- Now plug back the charger and the battery.
- Reboot the laptop.
- Next remove the plug and keep the device for a few minutes.
- If you cannot identify the problem then go for troubleshooting.
- Error might occur due to overheating that indicates through LED or loud fan noise.
- The Led and the CAPS lock tab is on and the light appears to be stable then connect the laptop to an external monitor.
- Turn the computer to off mode and connect the plug again.
- Tap the Window and B button and also the power key for 2 minutes.
- As you remove your finger from the keys you can hear a beep sound.
- This will start the update process automatically.
- Follow the instructions given on screen and you are done.
This black screen error will block your regular operational activities on the laptop that will indicate the fault in the motherboard and hard drive. You cannot save any files during this error.
HP items function effectively but an HP PC with a black screen alters the bearing of the performance of the PC. Consequently, we trust that the steps mentioned above in this article will assist you in repairing the screen issue. If you are not satisfied then try contacting the customer service of HP.