Hp has been developing with its new features to attract customers and also meets the expectations of the users. Recent updates like Direct Wi-Fi, mobile printing, and Wireless.
In this topic, we will take you to connect your Hp Printer to MAC wirelessly. It’s a good thing if you know how to connect Mac to a printer but sometimes due to various features you might be facing errors and you cannot connect the printer to the wireless network.
So, we have come up with a few of the fixes to solve the problem that you confront while connecting.
How can I connect a Mac laptop to an HP printer wireless?
If you have recently bought a Hp printer and want to try connecting on Mac, thus giving life to your own inkings.
This guide has what you expect: just follow the instructions and enjoy the advantages of HP printers.
Can I connect the hp 6500 wireless printer to my mac?
Yes, of course, you can connect your Hp Printer to your Mac.
There are All the Best ways to connect a Mac laptop to HP Printer:-
1. Connect hp printer to network mac wirelessly:
Wireless connection is the modern aspect that each user wants nowadays.
Following are the steps to be performed:-
- First and foremost, the printer and the Laptop MAC should be connected to the same internet using a USB cable.
- Now, switch the power button of the HP printer to on mode.
- Complete the setup process beforehand.
- Next, from a web browser type 123.hp.com/setup. You will be directed to the page printer driver software for the HP printer.
- After that tap the download tab and the software will start downloading.
- Next, extract the HP Start files.
- The next step is to agree with the terms and policies to proceed to the installation process.
- Once the installation process is complete, then tap on the “Continue” tab. You can now open the files on MAC.
- Choose the name of the HP printer from the available list.
- Now, pick the HP printer and tap on the “Continue” tab.
- Select the wireless connection as these steps are for wireless connectivity.
- A set of questions appear on your screen. Answer it and complete the setup process.
- Tap the “Install” option to continue.
- Lastly, tap the “Continue” tab. Your Mac will be connected to the HP printer wirelessly.
2. Another method to connect Mac laptop to wireless Hp printer:
Once connected with Wi-Fi, wireless printers can be used on numerous computers. If the Hp printer is connected to the Mac wi-fi then you do not require extra cable wires to connect which will save a penny.
Let’s move further with the steps to connect Mac with Wireless Hp printer:-
- Turn on the Printer by pressing the power tab. Type the password and SSID and complete the printer setup.
- Next move to the “Apple Menu” and pick the software update if in case it is pending.
- After that choose “System Preferences” from the menu and choose the “Print and Scan” option.
- Search the Plus tab and click on it.
- Now, head to the menu and pick the options “Add Printer and Scanner”.
- Next, select wireless printers from the list and tap on the “Add” button.
- Lastly, test if it is working by opening any file on Mac.
When the file gets printed then ensure that the process is completed successfully.
3. Connect HP Printer to a Mac with USB:
In order to connect Mac to Hp printer follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Firstly, switch on the power button of the Hp printer and make sure the USB is connected to the device properly.
- The system needs to identify the printing device. Go to the “Apple menu” and then click “Print & Fax”, after that tap on the “Printing” button.
- Now check if the Hp printer is available in the list. If the printer name is not available then download the driver from the website
- Download and then install the driver software. Go through the instructions as shown on the screen and complete the process of installation.
- You can also have another option. Install the printer from the network or print to remote printers using the TCP/IP method. The IP address of the printer is necessary for this case. Also, visit the “System Preferences” and after that tap on “Printing” in the option “Print & Fax”.
- Choose the “Printing” option. You will need to click on the plus sign located below the list of printers
- After that you will see two tabs, “Default Browser” and “IP Printers”. Tap on the “Default Browser”. Next, a list of printer names will appear, pick from it.
- You need to be patient till the Hp printer is connected. Now proceed to tap the “Add” button. This will add the HP printer.
- If you want to launch an IP printer then pick “IP Printers” from the windows of “Printer Browser”. You will require the Internet Printing Protocol and for this visit “Address” and type the IP address of the HP Printer. For different other HP printers, choosing HP JetDirect might also work.
4. Connecting HP Printer to a Mac without USB:
Here are the steps to connect mac to hp printer without USB are as follows:-
- In some devices Hp driver automatically downloads but if your device does not have the option then don’t worry go to the “HP Printers Drivers” section.
- Next, tap the “Apple Menu” to open and then pick the “System Preferences” option. After that tap on “Print & Scan”.
- You will find the printers list and remove it by tapping the (-) sign and after that add again by tapping the (+) sign to build communication.
- Next move to “Use” or “Print” and select the HP printer. Then add the HP printer to the list.
- Now tap the Download button and then install the software.
- If you do not find the software then tap the “Cancel” button. Head to the HP Printer and Scanner software for macOS Sierra and then download the printer driver from there.
- Next step, proceed to close the “System Preferences”.
- The printer driver is installed but to be sure you need to print scan and fax to check whether the Hp printer connected to Mac without USB is working properly.
5. HP Printer not connecting to Mac wireless
There are reasons we have figured out that sometimes the Hp wireless printer does not connect to the MAC laptop.
- You must be sure that the Wi-Fi router is operating properly. If the network connection is good then your hp printer will be connected to the Mac laptop.
- Bring the Mac device to the router to make the connectivity better.
- Check the Router band if the connection has some loopholes.
- Check the settings of the printer if the wireless settings are turned off then you cannot make a connection with the Mac.
- If the USB cable is not plugged properly then no connection is built between the HP printer and Mac. So, it is better to have a Wireless connection.
- If the system is set to a virtual private network then you might face an error in connecting the printer.
- Disable the Firewall software and this will help you in connecting the HP printer to Mac. Go to the “Apple Menu” and select “System Preferences” from there. After that click “Security & Privacy” and select the firewall option to turn it off.
Hope you now know what are the methods to connect your Mac to the Hp printer if you are facing difficulties. Also, we point out a few reasons for your device not being connected to the printer.
If you have any issues with Hp then you can take the help of tech support and ring the toll-free number (800) 474-6836