When you plan on the weekend to watch your fav movie on Firestick but your device shows up with an error. This is frustrating but rather than sitting down idle you need to search for the cause of buffering issues on firestick.
Continuously your device is interrupted by an issue of buffering and you are worrying to browse the web to fix the error as soon as possible.
Causes of buffering issues on Firestick
Note: If you’re a Kodi user who’s experiencing buffering problems, we’ve got a Firestick Kodi buffering article just for you. This article will focus on non-Kodi buffering issues on Amazon Firestick.
Why does my Firestick keep buffering?
- The internet used might have a poor connection and this might be the root cause of buffering on your FireStick.
- If you have a wi-fi connection then all members may be using the internet not leaving sufficient for the FireStick.
- Interference between the wi-fi router and the Firestick.
- If there is not enough space on the RAM of Fire Sticks also checks if any apps are running in the background.
- Sometimes you might forget to update the device and for this reason while watching videos it buffers.
- If the FireStick overheats then this could affect the entire device along with the streams.
- Your device might be corrupted with malware.
How do I fix buffering on my firestick?
From the above point, you are now quite aware of the issues that your device might be struggling with. In order to stop excessive buffering on Firestick, we have gathered a few of the fixes to resolve the issue.
1. Reboot your device:
When your device buffers then the first thing you need to do is to reboot the device. This is a quick solution for many streaming devices.
Follow the steps involved to reboot the FireStick:-
- Firstly, go to the home screen and click the Settings tab.
- Then choose My Fire TV.
- Lastly, tap the Restart button. As soon as you click it starts rebooting.
2. Boost the wi-fi signal:
Check the wi-fi settings to boost the signal and here are the steps involved:-
- Click the Settings tab.
- Then proceed to choose the Network option.
- Give emphasis to the wi-fi network that is attached to your device.
- The Signal strength will be shown on the right.
Move the router if the connection is not strong and arrange it properly to get a clear signal. You can also choose a wi-fi extender.
If you are using 5 GHz frequency you will get a faster network but the range will be shorter.
3. You need to utilize an Ethernet cable:
You can opt for an ethernet cable so that there is no loss of data while transmitting.
4. Utilize a VPN:
A VPN cipher the information transiting to and from equipment and routes it through a linking server in a locale of the user’s preference.
If cyber fix or Disney Plus buffers each time while loading videos you can use a VPN to disguise the stream location. It also deters the ISP from segregating against distinct sorts of internet traffic, such as data or videos from particular sources.
Also, make sure that VPN has a negative impact on the speed of the internet because of the load through the server of VPN including the encryption and decryption procedure. You need to be pretty much sure that the VPN you are using has a lot of bandwidth with a portable app.
For example, NordVPN is the most recommended app and that compels a Fire TV app accessible from Amazon’s app store directly. NordVPN also enhances the secrecy and liberates a vast spectrum of video sites locked by a particular region, such as BBC iPlayer, Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime Video.
5. Close the background apps and the processes:
When an app runs in the background it might consume the internet and also the storage though you are not using it at that moment.
Follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Firstly, click on the Settings tab and then tap on the Applications option.
- Choose Manage installed applications.
- After that, pick the application that you want to turn off.
- Now tap the Uninstall or Force stop the app option
6. Clear the cache:
Clear app caches and data;- You need to regularly clear the cache of your device so that you can smoothly run videos without buffering.
Following are the steps that are to be followed:-
- Head to the Settings tab and click the Applications.
- Choose Manage installed applications.
- Next, pick the apps that have consumed much storage. Now click the Clear data and Clear cache tab.
7. Update the operating system and apps:
Sometimes you need to update the apps manually and not even notice unless you confront any error or issue.
If you do not want to face buffering while streaming then check your device if it needs an update. Once you update it will show up new features or changes made to the app.
Here are the steps to manually update the Fire TV:-
- Go to the Settings option followed by My Fire TV.
- Now, choose the About option.
- Next, scroll and choose Install update.
After that reboot the Firestick so that the changes made take place.
8. Make sure that the Firestick remains cool:
Always check that the Firestick is cool so that while streaming videos it won’t buffer. Though Firestick is a machine it also needs to breathe. If you continuously watch movies without any break this might lead to errors to your device and the system becomes. In order to keep the device performance better and free from buffering you need to use a different HDMI port.
9. Keep the video to low quality:
Watching high-definition quality videos gives a better picture image but the bandwidth will be used up more. Different devices have different resolutions like 4K, 1080p, 720p, or 480p. You can customize the auto-selected resolution so that your bandwidth will not be wasted much. If you use this technique your device will have less buffering.
10. Avoid other equipment from taking over bandwidth:
You need to remove other devices that are taking over the bandwidth. Some might be installing updates or files or streaming videos. If the Firestick has to strive for reserves, it might not be enough for the Firestick and it will fall short at your end. You might face buffering while watching sports on Espn or movies on Cinema apk. So, better to remove the other devices in order to fix the buffering issue on Firestick.
11. Reset the Factory:
If none of the above techniques worked for you then reset the device to default state.
Here are the steps for factory resetting:-
- First and foremost, hit the Settings tab and then click the My Fire TV option.
- Now, scroll and pick the Reset to Factory Defaults option.
- Choose the Reset button.
Once you click the reset tab the settings will be set as it was before. The device will be in a new state. Now try playing any videos to check if the buffering issue is resolved or not.
Hope, this article will guide you to fix the buffering issue on Firestick.