Do you have trouble viewing the new shows on your Kodi app? The reason could be linked to the version of the app, you might be using the old version of the Kodi apps on your amazon firestick. If you are not using the updated version of the Kodi app then you will find it difficult to use the app, and most of the time it will turn off automatically. So, now you may be thinking “how to update Kodi on firestick”, don’t worry as in this article we will offer you a solution to conquer this problem, and enjoy your favorite shows without any hassle.
The latest version of Kodi is Leia 18.8 and to update the Kodi app on FireStick, you need to follow simple instructions offered by us. You can update Kodi on Amazon Fire Stick TV using the method described in our article when you follow our rules be sure you will install it effortlessly without deleting the recent add-ons and other saved settings. For this, the Kodi app must be compliant with the downloader program.
The downloader is an app that can easily be downloaded by visiting the App Store of Amazon. Through the FireStick search tool, download and install the downloader app on your system. From the downloader app, you can easily update Kodi 16.1 to 17.4 on firestick, however, for the latest version and features you need to download the Kodi, Leia 18.8. Many users update to Kodi 17.6 on firestick, as they think it is the latest version. But this version may fail to cure your buffer issue. So for curing or fixing it, you need to update it to a new version and restart the device.
How to update Kodi on firestick?
To update Kodi on firestick, you need to go through the following instructions mentioned below. Here, you are offering detailed guidance to update Kodi on each generation FireStick, follow our instructions and update Kodi on your firestick effortlessly:-
1. Make Ready FireStick for Kodi Update
- Open the Settings of Fire Stick.
- Press the My Fire TV tab.
- Click on the Developer Options.
- Expand the developer option, search the Unknown Sources option, and turn the option ON.
- Revisit the Settings section.
- Choose the Preferences option.
- Visit the Privacy Settings.
- Find the “Collect App Usage Data” option and turn the “Collect App Usage Data” option OFF.
2. Download the Kodi Update on Firestick
For the latest version and features, you need to download the Kodi, Leia 18.8. It will grant you access to the world of entertainment.
- Open the Search bar of Firestick.
- Type “Downloader” on the search bar and choose the option.
- Download the “Downloader” app by following the on-screen instructions.
- Install it by offering the required permission.
- After the installation process, launch the “Downloader” program.
- Take the cursor to the right side of the screen and press the “http://” search field.
- In the “http://” search field, you need to input the URL as https://www.firesticktricks.com/kapk.
- After that, press the “GO” tab.
3. Update Kodi 18.8 Leia on Firestick
Your Firestick is running on the Kodi 18.8 upgraded and latest version. Begin the final procedure of the installation of updated Kodi on firestick by following the step by step instructions:-
- Download the Kodi 18.8 Leia version.
- After the updated file is downloaded successfully, you need to press the “Install” tab.
- Offer necessary permission to install the latest Kodi update on Firestick.
- After the successful installation process, you will get a pop-up message with the subject “App Installed”.
- Visit the setting section to reconfirm the version of Kodi.
- Click on the System Info tab. Scroll down to know the version of Kodi.
How to update Kodi to 17.4 on firestick?
Many people update to Kodi 17.6 on firestick, however, the latest or current version is “Kodi 18.8 Leia”. The latest version is more stable than the Kodi 17.6, however, for all the user who wishes to be with the 17.6 then follow the below instructions to install the update of Kodi 17.6 on firestick:-
- On the home screen of Kodi, click on the search function.
- On the search bar, you need to type “Downloader”.
- Choose the Downloader icon and need to press the download tab.
- Now, you are able to download the Downloader program.
- After downloading the Downloader program, you need to follow below steps to get your Kodi 17.6 on Amazon Fire TV Stick:-
- Launch the Downloader program.
- Press the “http://” field.
- In the “http://” search field, you need to write https://www.firesticktricks.com/old to get Kodi 17.6 then press the GO tab.
- Find the file and download the file.
- After successfully downloading the file then press the Install tab.
- The system will take time to accomplish the installation process.
- After the installation process, you need to visit the ‘Apps & Channels’ section.
- From the ‘Apps & Channels’ page or segment, you can easily start the Kodi 17.6 Krypton version.
How to update Kodi on firestick through ES File Explorer App?
To update Kodi on firestick through ES File Explorer App, you need to sideload the app and follow the below steps:-
- Download and Install the paid version of the ES File Explorer app.
- Start the ES File Explorer app.
- Find the Downloader icon and tap on it.
- Press the +New, it is present at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, you need to input an URL as the https://www.firesticktricks.com/kapk in the search field.
- Find the file and press the Download Now option.
- The Kodi file will be downloaded. The downloading time depends on your Network.
- Press the Open File tan and Install it.
- After the installation, you will be notified by a pop-up message.
- Now, press the “Open” tab. You have already installed the update of Kodi on firestick.
What to do when Kodi update failed on the amazon fire stick?
If all the aforementioned method does not work for you and you still failed to update Kodi on firestick then you need to go through the following steps:-
Uninstall Kodi on Fire TV Stick
- Visit the Settings section of Fire Stick.
- Launch the “Applications” tab.
- Start the “Manage Installed Applications” option.
- Take the cursor to the “Kodi” tab and press it.
- Now, you need to find the “Force Stop” and tap on it to stop the application from operating in the background.
- Tap on the “Uninstall” tab.
- Wait for sometimes and follow the above steps to reinstall the Kodi app on your amazon fire stick.
Reinstall the Kodi app on your amazon fire stick
after watching this video you can also know how to install Kodi on firestick