One of the errors faced by DirecTV users is Error Code 920. When you sit to watch any show on DirecTV you encounter reality with the error on your display screen.
After thoroughly examining this specific matter, it would look like there are extraordinary various potential culprits that may be liable for the occurrence of this error code.
What are the causes for DirecTV error message 920?
You can fix any error unless you have known the root cause. So first the most important thing is to find out the reasons for this error.
Here is a list of circumstances that may provoke the specter of this error code:-
Satellite Reception issue:-
This type of issue is quite common to experience because the receiver could not download the guide information from the dish for over 3 hours.
You might face numerous causes, however, it’s important to find out the appropriate one that matches the present situation. Just examine by running a system test on your DirecTV.
Incorrectly configured Satellite dish:-
When your device pops up a 920 error code on the screen then the reason is due to an inaccurately configured satellite dish.
You can fix the problem by rendering a few improvements or adaptations within the Repeat Satellite Setup screen.
Conflicting Receiver settings:-
If you are using an incompatible receiver setting then there is a chance of occurring the error code 902 on your DirecTV that prohibits you from watching any contents. Also blocking the way to communicate with the satellite dish.
DirecTV troubleshooting error code 920
As you have known, few of the causes why this error occurs on your device. Now let’s fix the 920 error code by going through the resolution in order to resolve the issue:
1. Run a system test
If the DirecTV is continuously blinking the error code 920, this is due to the fact that your device receiver does not have the option to download from the dish the program guide in a period of over 3 hours.
You need to run a system test to analyze the issue. Depending on the current issue, this scan may suggest a guide or possibly point you to the issue.
Many users have followed the guidelines mentioned below in order to analyze the issue and have revealed that it was instrumental in taking care of the issue.
Follow the steps to perform the test:-
- Firstly, choose the Menu option from your remote control.
- Now, head to the Settings tab and pick Info & Test.
- Next, under Info & Test option, select Run System Test, and confirm the procedure.
- Now, you need to wait till the completion of the scanning process. It might take 2 to 3 minutes or more.
- After some time, the results will be out, follow the approved troubleshooting steps.
3. Choosing the correct satellite dish
If your device still shows the error code on the screen then you need to check the satellite dish. By selecting an incorrect satellite your device is encountering such an error.
If you want the error to fix then follow the following steps mentioned below:-
- First and foremost, tap the Menu tab using the remote of your device.
- Next, choose the Settings option from the list.
- Now, proceed to go to the Satellite submenu and then pick Repeat Satellite Setup under the Settings option.
- As you are in the Repeat Satellite Setup section now click on the Dash option on your DirecTV remote.
- Next, choose the Dish Type.
- Set the receiver in the next step.
- At last, click on the Continue button and wait for the receiver to verify your new dish.
3. Power-cycling or Reset the DirecTV device
If the above methods are not able to fix the issue then try the third one.
- Power-cycling the DirecTV receiver
- In the first case make sure that the receiver is not streaming presently.
- Then, remove the plug of the receiver from the power source.
- You need to wait for a few minutes and after that plug back the power cord and tap the power button.
- The system will reboot. If required you can do the procedure again.
- Now check if the error persists.
- Reset the DirecTV receiver
- You need to search for the reset tab at the back of your device. The button will be red in color on many DirecTV devices.
- Press the button for 1 second and wait to reboot.
- You can repeat the step again if you see the code blinking on your display screen.
- Reset the factory settings
Once you reset the settings all the features playlist will be cleared. So you need to think before using this technique.
- Firstly, tap the blue DirecTV power tab for some time.
- Keep pressing for about 20 seconds, and then release it.
- This will start the operation and reauthorize the necessary services.
- Once done the settings will be in the default state.
- At last, check if the error is resolved.
These above methods will help you to resolve the issue and thus the error code 902 will be fixed.