Outlook Express permits you to get to the Internet mail without opening the Web program. The product, which is already installed on the Windows frameworks, will work with numerous Internet mail suppliers comprising Cox Mail. Furthermore, you can utilize Outlook Express to deliver letters from the desktop to beneficiaries. The beneficiaries will get to see the Cox email address in the field of the sender. To arrange for Outlook Express to begin accepting the Cox mail, you should fill in your login details and the address of the mail server.
In this blog, we will discuss configuring cox email for outlook, add cox email, cox email settings for outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and so on.
How to Set Cox Email Server Settings for Outlook?
Getting the Cox email setting in the Outlook express is quick and simple. This guide will step you through adding the Cox account and searching the email interestingly.
You need to have a Cox email id and password to set the email in Outlook.
Things required for Cox Email Settings
|Incoming Settings: imap.cox.net|
|Incoming Port: 993|
|User id: Use the email address.|
|Password: The password for cox.net will be used as a Password.|
|Outgoing Settings: smtp.cox.net|
|Outgoing Port: SSL or SSL/TLS Encryption: 465|
|TLS only or no encryption: 587|
|Authentication Required: Yes|
|User id: Use the email id.|
Configure Cox Email for Outlook
The steps to be followed are mentioned below:
- First and foremost, go to Outlook and tap to open.
- Then, tap the File menu tab.
- Now, tap on the Add Account option.
- Choose Manual setup or additional server types and then hit the Next button.
- After that choose POP or IMAP and tap the Next tab.
- Now proceed to the Settings of POP and IMAP Account, type the Name and Email Address.
- Then, choose the Account Type, IMAP.
- Incoming Settings – imap.cox.net.
- Outgoing Settings – smtp.cox.net.
- Go to the Login page and type the User id and Password. Also, make sure to tick the checkbox so that you can log in instantly. Tap the More Settings option.
- Now proceed to the Outgoing Server option. Then tap the enable option of My outgoing server (SMTP) requires and Use the same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Tap the Advanced The settings for port Incoming server (IMAP) to 993 with SSL encryption, then again select Outgoing server (SMTP) to 587 with TLS encryption.
- Then tap the Ok button and after that proceed to click the Next tab once finished.
- When you logged in suitably then tap the Close button.
- Tap the Finish button.
Cox email settings server for Outlook 2007-2016
Utilize the accompanying strides to refresh Outlook 2007-2016 to get the port settings for delivering and accepting the Cox Business Email.
- install Outlook
Firstly, install Outlook by tapping the Start button or the Windows tab.
- Go through the Settings screen and then follow the steps.
Outlook for 2010-2016
Tap the File and then the Account Settings tab.
Tap the Account Settings tab.
Outlook for 2007
Hit the Tools tab.
Then tap on the Account Settings tab.
- page pops up
A page pops up and then chooses the Cox Business Email account and after that hit the Change option.
- Now go through the steps after the window opens up.
A) On the Login page, remove or delete the user id and password.
B) Then enter the user id and password again.
C) Make sure to verify the incoming and outgoing settings server.
D) Now, tap on More Settings.
- Internet Email Settings
Proceed to the tab of Internet Email Settings and there tap on the Advanced option.
- Now, upgrade the settings.
1. This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) box. Click on this checkbox.
2. Next, use the following type of encryption, choose SSL.
- You need to set the settings from the option, Advanced.
Incoming server (POP3) – 995
Outgoing server (SMTP) – 465
Incoming server (IMAP) – 993
- Tap the Outgoing Server option, upgrade the settings in the following ways.
1. My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication, tick the checkbox.
2. Now validate Use the same settings as my incoming mail server, similarly tick the checkbox.
3. Also, validate the Username and the Password areas are vacant and greyed out.
4. Now proceed to tap the Ok button.
- Next option
You can now tap the Next option and after that tap on Finish.
Lastly, hit the Close option.
Cox Email Settings for Outlook 2013
Cox Communications gives free email to business clients that buy a high-velocity Internet bundle. Cox offers help to download email messages to Outlook. By setting the Outlook, you can maintain a strategic distance from the necessity to sign in to the Cox mail to check the email. You are required to utilize the right server name for outgoing and incoming messages and appropriately arrange Outlook to utilize the valid security settings.
Follow the instructions mentioned below:-
- Firstly, you need to launch Outlook and then proceed to tap the File option. When the wizard pops up hit the cancel button to exit it.
- Then from the Account section choose Add Account.
- Tap Manually Configure Server Settings or Additional Server Types and then choose the Next option.
- Choose the Internet Email radio tab and then tap the Next button.
- Now, go to User Information and complete the given blank spaces such as name and email id @cox.net extension.
- Choose POP3 from the given list.
- In the Incoming Server, enter pop.cox.net.
- In the Outgoing Server, enter smtp.cox.net.
- Now you need to type the email id and password of Cox.
- Tap the More Settings option.
- Now, tap the Advanced option and choose SSL for Outgoing Server and then type 465. The incoming server port should be 995 and choose SSL.
- Tap the Next and after that hit the Finish tab.
Cox Email Not Working in Outlook
If this is the case then follow the required instructions or steps discussed above and your issue will be fixed. Sometimes you need to uninstall the program and reinstall it to fix it.
Hence this article will fix the issue of setting up Outlook if you are a new user. You can also contact cox.net if any issues or queries the support team will be available to assist you.