If you are a user of Cox Email but cannot set up the settings for Windows may it be 8 or 10? So, we are here to help you out with this guide.
Before going through the steps you need to keep the Cox email id and password handy.
Configure the settings with the following information
IMAP Server Settings
The fundamental IMAP settings required for the setting of Cox Email:
The username and password will be the same as used in the Cox Email Account.
- Name: Username
- Email Address: cox email id.
- Password: cox password.
- Account Type: IMAP
Incoming Mail Server Settings:
- Server name: imap.cox.net
- Port number: 993 with SSL is allowed and the box needs to be ticked.
Outgoing Mail Server Settings:
- Server name: smtp.cox.net.
- Port number: 587 with TLS enabled.
465 with SSL enabled and the box needs to be ticked.
- Use SSL / TLS: Yes.
- Cox username and password required.
POP or POP3 Server Settings:
The essential POP or POP3 settings required to set up the Cox Email on email customer programs are –
Utilizing POP settings may impact issues with adjusting email across all the clients’ gadgets. If the client utilizes POP settings, the individual needs to set the email customer to Leave Messages on the Server.
While utilizing the setting Leave Messages on the Server the clients are prescribed by the Cox group to routinely examine the mailbox size to guarantee that the client doesn’t cross the storage limit of the mailbox.
Outgoing SMTP Port:
- 587 with TLS enabled
- 465 with SSL enabled and check the authentication box.
How To Set Up Cox Email On Windows
Let’ look at the steps to configure the Cox Email Settings of Windows Live Mail You can manually set it up on Windows to work properly.
- First and foremost, go to Windows Mail and click on it to open.
- Select to Add an account.
- First-time users need to select the Add Account.
- Others need to select other mail accounts. Then tap the Account tab. After that click on the Add Account option.
- Proceed to choose the Advanced Setup tab.
- Pick the Internet Email from the list.
- Now fill in the information:
- Email Address,
- Account Name,
- Send your messages using this email,
- Incoming email server,
- Account type,
- Outgoing (SMTP) email server.
Below you will find four boxes, tick the boxes and then click on the Sign-in button.
- Once you complete the above steps your account is set up. Lastly, click on the Done tab.
Hence, you can now use the email just by following the above instructions.