Do you want to use Comcast mails? It is one of the essential internet service providers in the United States of America. It is widely known for its comprehensive packages that include free email ids that can range up to seven different email ids if you use Comcast services. However, if you are not a Comcast user, you can’t enjoy having seven different ids. Now, for all these reasons many people like to subscribe to Comcast mail Outlook.
We all know that Outlook is another email interface that is basically used by many business professionals. Also, with Comcast, you can have more than one email address which is why people like to merge Comcast mail Outlook. By doing so, all the emails will be in one place that will prevent misplacement of any important email.
This blog-post will go over all the steps in detail to configure Comcast mail servers Outlook. So, keep reading and find out everything you need to know.
There are many who use different versions of Outlook. In that case, you might worry whether the settings mentioned in this post is valid for all or not. Well, the answer is the general settings remain the same. For instance, comcast mail server settings outlook 2003, comcast mail server settings outlook 2007, comcast mail server settings outlook 2010 and comcast mail settings for outlook express are similar. So, what are you waiting for? Read on and explore more:
Here’s a Quick Guide to Comcast Mail Server Settings for Outlook
You have to follow all the below-mentioned steps to get a comcast mail outlook. Read below and find out more:
|Choose POP3 from IMAP.|
|The incoming server should be mail.comcast.net.|
|The incoming port value should be 993.|
|The SSL for the incoming server should be SSL.|
|The outgoing server should be smtp.comcast.net|
|The port value for the outgoing server should be 587.|
|Type in ‘Yes’ for Requires Sign-in.|
Now we will take you through a step-by-step guide to Comcast mail outlook. This is valid for comcast outgoing mail server outlook 2007, comcast mail settings for outlook 2003, comcast mail settings outlook 2010 and more. Keep reading and explore more:
- Launch Outlook and click on the ‘File’ tab and then navigate to ‘Account Settings.
- Go to the ‘Email’ tab and press on ‘New.’
- Turn on the Comcast mail server settings outlook and click on ‘Next.’
- Choose the email address and click on ‘Next.
- Thereafter, enter the following data which will be revealed below:
- Enter your full name in the username section.
- Type in your Comcast email address.
- Below server information, type account in the box and select POP3, and enter the following information:
- The hostname for the incoming mail server should be mail.comcast.net
- The port value for the incoming server should be 993.
- The hostname for the outgoing server should be smtp.comcast.net.
- The port value for the outgoing port should be 587.
- Now, you have to enter a few login credentials for Comcast mail servers outlook.
- Enter your Comcast email id in the email section.
- Enter your Comcast account password.
- Type in SSL for Login with Security for Comcast mail setup outlook.
- Thereafter, click on ‘Test Accounts Settings’. This will verify the account and complete the procedure after which you can use Comcast mail outlook.
And that’s how you get comcast net mail settings outlook. Make sure you follow all the steps in detail and if you skip any of the steps in comcast mail server settings for outlook, you might face issues in launching the email account in Outlook. So, follow all the steps that are mentioned above for comcast outgoing mail server settings outlook of different versions like comcast outgoing mail server settings outlook 2007, comcast mail settings outlook 2003 and more.
How to Setup Outlook Comcast Net Mail Settings
Do you want to configure Outlook for Comcast.net? If so, then you have to follow these steps:
- Open Outlook and then choose the ‘Tools’ option.
- Choose ‘Email accounts and then go to ‘Add a new email account’ and then click on ‘Next.’
- Choose POP3 and click on ‘Next’.
- Thereafter, you have to enter a few login credentials such as email address and password.
- Type in mail.comcast.net for the incoming mail server to get Comcast.net mail settings outlook.
- Choose SMTP for Comcast outgoing mail server outlook.
- The hostname should be smtp.comcast.net and then press ‘Enter.’
- Enter your account’s username and password.
- You can check the box beside ‘Remember password.’ By doing so, you don’t have to enter your password every time you log in to your account.
- Thereafter, click on ‘Test Account Settings’ to check whether the configuration is done properly or not.
- Select ‘More Settings’ and then go to ‘General’. Select a Comcast mail id and then click on ‘Ok’, then go to ‘Next’.
- Thereafter, click on ‘Finish’ to complete the account configuration.
And that’s how you conduct outlook comcast mail settings. Ensure that the incoming and outgoing comcast mail server settings outlook is filled properly including the hostname and port value. If you want to set up comcast mail settings outlook 2007 or any other version of Outlook, follow all the above-mentioned procedures.
How to Optimize Comcast Mail Outlook for Best Use
The comcast mail settings for outlook is a little tricky but if you follow all the steps thoroughly, it is not a big deal. Here, we will tell you how to optimize Comcast mail outlook for better use.
The mail settings center on incoming and outgoing mail servers. So, take a look below to get it right at one go:-
- The name of the incoming mail server is imap.comcast.net.
- The port value for the incoming mail server is 993 with SSL on. You can also use 143 with SSL only if it is needed.
- The name of the outgoing mail server is smtp.comcast.net.
- The port value for the outgoing server should be 587 (recommended). When the need is, you can also fix it as 465.
- Ensure that the SSL encryption is marked on.
- For authentication, use Xfinity username and password.
If you want to access your emails from different devices, it is best to choose IMAP over POP. This is because the latter may not allow you to check mails from diverse devices. But if you use POP then make sure that the name of the incoming mail server is mail.comcast.net. And, the port value should be 995 with SSL. Thereafter, you will successfully launch comcast mail servers outlook to access Comcast mail outlook.