While most of the internet users are subscribed to premier email hosting websites such as Google’s gmail.com, Microsoft-administered Outlook and Yahoo Mail, there are still many looking out for the Comcast Windows live mail settings. For the uninitiated, Comcast is an email service provider owned by Comcast Corporation. It is an American telecommunications company that has its headquarters located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Comcast is also known as Comcast NBCUniversal and it works in the field of technology and entertainment. Comcast connects millions of people to the moments and experiences that matter and thus you need to know Comcast Windows live mail setup procedure if you are a Comcast user or wish to make an account on Comcast email. Sometimes you might see Windows live mail error id 0x800ccc0f Comcast on your screen. In this blog, we will explain how you can fix that and configure Windows mail for Comcast.
Before we tell you more about the Windows live mail error id 0x800ccc0f Comcast, it is better to have an idea about Comcast.net. The company provides email service through its Xfinity subscription packages. Xfinity provides a subscription for cable and telephone network and a single subscription can help you set up close to seven Comcast webmail addresses. The Comcast Windows live mail setup is easy as ABC and you can retain these email addresses even if you cancel your subscription. The Comcast Windows live mail settings wants you to access your inbox at least once every nine months.
Steps To Configure Comcast Windows live mail settings
Follow these easy steps to configure Comcast Windows live mail settings:
Step 1: You can access your Comcast.net email account using a web browser.
Step 2: For the Comcast Windows live mail setup, visit the my.xfinity.com for log in
Step 3: Once you open the web page, click on the menu icon and select the Email link from the dropdown menu.
Step 4: You will be redirected to the sign in screen. Here, enter your Xfinity username and password to proceed further.
Step 5: Some users who see Windows live mail error id 0x800ccc0f Comcast frequently on their screens can log in to the Comcast Xfinity with Primary and Secondary User Names.
Step 6: When you subscribe to the Xfinity Internet services, you receive a primary user name. For the uninitiated, the primary user name is the administrative user name registered for your Comcast account. With the primary user name, you can create up to six more user names so that your family members or friends can also use your account. All of these additional user names will be secondary user names.
In case you do not have a primary user name, you can still proceed with the Comcast Windows live mail setup. You can easily get rid of the Windows live mail error id 0x800ccc0f Comcast with the Xfinity Lookup Tool. you can see the link of this tool during the Comcast Windows live mail setup at the bottom of the web page. Once you click on that option, select the “Don’t have a username? Create One” option and make a primary user name.
Note: One thing to note here is that your user name is basically the first part of your Comcast.net email address. (For example username@Comcast.net).
Comcast Windows live mail settings for signing into Comcast Mailbox:
Simply log in to your Comcast account with the help of your user name, email address. In case your mobile number is registered with the Comcast.net then you can use that as well for log in. You will also have to type in the correct password. After this, the system will ask you to fill in the captcha, which will be in a random letter sequence. The captcha will prove you are a genuine human being and not a robot.
If your log in details are correct you will be asked to switch between your mail inbox and your voice and text messages. In some cases this screen will not appear until you enable those Comcast Windows live mail settings.
As now you know everything about the Comcast Windows live mail settings, we will tell you how to recover a forgotten Comcast user name.
With the Comcast Windows live mail settings, it is likely that you face problems signing in or forget your user name or password. In such a case, best is to click on the link titled as “Forgot username or password?” just below the Sign In option.
In case, you have forgotten your user name your registered mobile phone number can be of great help. Even your Xfinity account number or your social security number can act as means of identification and help retrieve your Comcast account.
Inside the Comcast Windows mail settings, enter one of the above mentioned identification numbers and click on the Continue option. Again, you will be asked to fill the captcha — the letter sequence you see on the screen. Once you enter the right input, your user name will be displayed on the screen.
How to reset password with the Comcast Windows mail setup?
In case you have forgotten your Comcast email password and want to reset it then follow our instructions.
- Firstly, open the comcast.net and click on the password link placed just below the Sign In button.
- On the next page, enter your user name and click on the Continue button.
- The system will ask you to provide your recovery email address. This recovery mail was registered by you at the time of subscription. It can be either the main Comcast.net address or an email address operational on another email hosting platform.
- With a link on your alternative email address, you will be able to set up the Comcast account.
- You will receive a reset link on your email. Just click on that and reset your Comcast email password. The link will take you to a new page in the web browser, through which you can set up a new password.
- Once you reset your password, go back to the main login screen and enter your new credentials to access your Comcast email account and opt for the other services.
After setting up Comcast email on Windows live mail, you can activate automatic email forwarding as well.
A Comcast.net mailbox provides you a feature to automatically forward the email messages you receive to another email address. Follow these simple steps to set up the email forwarding on your Comcast mailbox:
- Go to the webmail and log in to your Xfinity account.
- Inside of your Comcast inbox, click on the small envelope icon placed at the top right corner of the web page.
- Now, click on the inbox settings before selecting the small gear cog icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Go to the drop-down menu and select the Settings option.
- Under the Mail section of the Settings menu, choose the Auto Forward option.
- You will have to tick mark the box labeled as Enable Mail Forwarding.
- Enter an email address on which you want your mail to be forwarded to.
- Here, you will have to make a choice between saving an email copy in your Comcast mailbox or deleting it once forwarded to the email address you selected.
Congratulations! You are done with setting up Windows live mail with Comcast. Enjoy uninterrupted emailing with a high speed internet. If our guide on Comcast email settings Windows mail helped you then refer it further to those who are struggling with the Comcast mail settings Windows live mail.