Roku is generated by American corporation where you can browse and stream with the help of online services. This device was initiated in the year 2008.
Here, we will study the few recommendations and suggestions for the Roku device, to stream online.
How to customise your new Roku streaming device?
Let’s find out what are the points to customise Roku.
- First and foremost, you need to add the channels in your device.
- Then, move the channels.
- After that, Customise your Theme.
- Also, customise the Screen Saver.
- Lastly, the Parental Control.
Now we will discuss the points one by one briefly so that one who reads can easily understand and make use of it.
First, add the channels:
You cannot stream shows unless you add the channels to your gadgets.
There are 3 methods for adding the channels:
- Add channels through online.
- Add channel through Mobile app.
- Add channel from Roku Device.
How to add channels online?
The step mentioned below:-
- At first, move your pointer to the link at the channelstore.roku.com
- Then, “Sign in” with your Roku details, you used at the time of creating the account.
- After signing in, browse for the channels you want to add on your device.
- Then, tap on the “Details” tab so that you can view the detailed information of the channels.
- After thoroughly viewing the details of the channels then tap on the “plus Add Channel”.
Thus, the channel will be added to your selected gadgets.
How to add channels on Roku by Mobile App?
The following are the steps:-
- Firstly, Search the app in the Store as the type of gadgets you are using. If you are an iPhone user, then go to the Apple Store and for Android browse in the Play Store.
- A list will be displayed, “Select” the Roku app and “Install” it.
- Once the process of installing completes, open the app.
- Select the “Channels” menu listed below the app.
- From the list browse the channel you want to install.
- You need to enter the details of your Roku account while signing in.
- Hit on the channel tab to see the details.
- Now choose the “Add Channel” option so that the selected channel is added to the device.
How to add channels from the Roku device?
The following are the steps:-
- Browse the home key of your Roku remote and select the Home page.
- You will see the list of “Streaming Channels” on that page.
- Tap on “Streaming Channels” and the channel store will open up.
- Now move the pointer to “Search Channels” to get the channel you expect to add.
- Tap on the “Ok” button to check the channel info.
- Choose “Add Channels” to complete the process.
If you are purchasing the channel then you need to complete the payment process when you add the channel. The channels added through an online or mobile app may not be shown on your device in 24 hours.
Move the Channels on Roku:
The steps you need to follow:-
- Firstly, use the remote of Roku to move the channel and then take the pointer to the desired channel.
- Then tap the “Asterisk” symbols and with this, the “Details” will pop up.
- Choose the “Move Channel” options.
- An arrow tab will display on the Roku remote, then you need to move the channel to the spot where you expect to be placed.
- Now tap on the “Ok” button to save it.
- You can repeat the procedure for the channel you want to move.
An app you no longer want to display on your home screen then you can select the “Remove Channel” option.
How to Custom Roku Theme:
You can customise the Roku Theme as you want to. There are different themes which you can apply to the Home Screen of your device.
The steps for changing for Roku theme to be followed:-
- Firstly, click on the “Settings” tab.
- In the settings menu you will find the option “Theme”.
- Select the option.
- After clicking on it you will discover two choices –
- Browse Themes
- Custom Settings
- Now, tap on ” Browse Themes” to check what applies to the device.
- A catalogue will be displayed with different themes to be applied.
- Choose from the catalogue with the help of the remote control.
- Now, move to the option “Set As Theme”.
- Lastly, your new theme will be saved on the screen of the device and thus check what changes you made by setting the theme.
How to customise Screensaver on Roku?
If you are using the Roku device you can change the Screensaver and also create it.
Here the few steps to be followed:-
- You need to launch the Roku application and connect it.
- Then, select the ” Media” option and after that tap on the Screensaver.
- Now, hit on the “Get Started” option.
- Then, you need to choose photos from the device. Tap on “Give Access” so that the Roku app can select the photos from the device.
- Now move ahead and fill in the photos.
- Add the screensaver. Once you start adding the photos a preview will be displayed on the screen.
- You can find options to give effects like to Zoom and Pan, timing for every photo to display on the screen.
- Check the overview to see the shots that are chosen. In this page, you will know how to change or add photos when required.
Thus, your screensaver will be set on your device.
How to set The Parental Control:
Sometimes, you don’t want your children to use the device and in this case the Parental lock is of great help.
The steps are as follows:-
- Firstly, go to the site my.roku.com.
- Then, Log in to the account.
- After signed in you will find PIN Preference.
- Tap the “Update” option.
- Now Choose the Parental Controls PIN preference.
- Tap on “Save Changes”
- With this you are agreeing with the terms of the services.
You can change your PIN when the need arises.
There are various preferences which you can select from the list when you open the preference page.
Hence, from the above article you can add, change the theme and screensaver so that your home screen looks appealing. It will be easy for you to customise your Roku device easily.