It’s hard to imagine life without email communication. Not only formal, but the easiest channel of communication also has deep-rooted itself in informal businesses as well. You cannot afford to miss out on an important email and that is why some people check their emails multiple times a day, while others do it at least once. If you are a BellSouth email user and have been struggling to access your account, our complete guide on BellSouth email settings Windows 10 will help you access and retrieve all your email messages within a few minutes. Do not panic and read carefully.
You do not have to put in a lot of effort to configure BellSouth email settings for Windows live mail. Before we start with the configuration process of the BellSouth email settings for Windows 10 mail app, it is better to know a little about your email host, BellSouth.
BellSouth is an American email service provider and is mostly used with email clients such as Microsoft Outlook and Windows Mail app. Using an email client for BellSouth email is the easiest way to access all important emails. However, Bellsouth email can also be accessed via webmail but it will open in another tab, take a lot of time and there is still a chance of missing out on important emails when you are not online. So, you need your BellSouth email settings Windows 10 configured to make things simpler for yourself.
How To Set Up BellSouth Email On Windows 10?
The most common email client for BellSouth users is Windows Live Mail because it is fast, safe and user friendly. Follow these simple steps one by one to configure BellSouth email settings for Windows 10
Step 1: Open the Windows Live Mail either through webmail or an in-built Mail app that you can find on the Desktop or Taskbar or in Start Menu.
Step 2: Click on the ‘File’ tab.
Step 3: Now, click on the ‘Add Account’ option and select ‘Add New Account’ from the list of existing accounts
Step 4: Click on the ‘Manual Setup’ and the ‘Additional Server Types’ radio button before tapping on the ‘Next’ button.
Step 5: You will be asked to enter ‘POP’ or ‘IMAP’ information, both of which you will easily find on the Internet. The other way to find out your information related to ‘POP’ or ‘IMAP’, either read out the user manual or call up your internet provider. Once done, click on Next.
Step 6: Now, go to the ‘User Information’ section and type in your registered name and BellSouth email address.
Step 7: Make sure you provide a formal User Name for the BellSouth email setup windows live mail because that will be seen by all your contacts when they receive your email.
Step 8: Go to the ‘Server’ section and select either ‘POP3’ or ‘IMAP’ for ‘Account Type’.
BellSouth email Completely settings For Windows 10
To complete the BellSouth email settings Windows 10 configuration, individual email account holders need to follow these steps:
- All ‘POP3’ account holders, please enter ‘inbound.att.net’ in the incoming email server and ‘outbound.att.net’ in the outgoing mail server.
- If you are using ‘IMAP’ accounts, then you need to enter ‘imap.mail.att.net’ in the ‘incoming mail server’ and ‘smtp.mail.att.net’ in the ‘outgoing mail server’ section.
- Now, go to the ‘Login Information’ section and enter the ‘username’ and ‘password’
- Make sure you keep a tick mark on the ‘Remember Password’ box.
- Go to ‘More Settings’ now and tick mark the following options for under the ‘Outgoing Server’ option:
- a. My outgoing server requires authentication.
- b. Use the same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab and fill in the following details:
- a. Enter ‘995’ in port number and select ‘SSL’ from ‘Use the following type of encrypted connection’ if you are using the POP3 account.
- b. For SMTP users, ‘465’ will be the port number. Select ‘SSL’ from ‘Use the following
- type of encrypted connection’.
- c. If you are using an IMAP account, then enter ‘993’ in the port number. You still need to select ‘SSL’. Your SMTP port will be ‘465’.
- Once done, click on the ‘OK’ button and go to the ‘Internet Email Settings’ window to click on the ‘Next’.
Congratulations! You can click on the ‘Finish’ tab now and enjoy an uninterrupted emailing experience. The process for BellSouth email settings for windows 10 is now done and dusted.
If you have not been successful in configuring the BellSouth email settings windows 10 despite having followed all our steps then the problem might be big. So contact the customer support of BellSouth email and tell them all problems you faced while BellSouth email setup Windows 10. It is common to face technical issues while configuring BellSouth email Windows 10, you are not alone in this and the customer care executive will resolve your problem within a few minutes.