Apple’s iPhone users like to boast of their device’s user-friendliness and quick response. Emailing on an iPhone is also an experience worth acknowledging. With a few taps on your screen, you can simply read, write, send, receive, and react on important email messages. The process is simple for those who have their email account made on prominent hosting websites, such as Google’s gmail.com and Microsoft administered Outlook. However, if you are an AOL user and want to set up AOL mail on iPhone, the same process will require some configuration in your mobile settings. We have presented below a step by step guide on AOL mail setup on iPhone. In case you do not want to go through all these steps or do not check your emails frequently then there is no need to sync AOL mail setup iPhone. Just go to your browser and type the URL ‘aol.com’ to access your email account only. And for the rest of you, who have a habit of checking emails frequently, the best is to add your AOL email to your iPad or iPhone with the configuration of basic settings within the iOS or iPadOS.
To setup AOL mail on iPhone, the steps are pretty easy. No matter if you are looking for AOL mail settings for iPhone 7 or AOL iPhone mail setup for any other model of the Apple smart phone. Before starting with AOL mail setup iPhone, you will need to make sure you remember your AOL email address, ending with ‘@aol.com’.
The user also needs to have his account password in hand to complete AOL mail setup on iPhone. However, the password can be reset with a simple process that asks you to answer a security question or One Time Password (OTP) that you receive on your mobile number or alternative email id. The settings of your Apple iPad or iPhone are easy to understand and some of the in-built features will help you setup AOL mail on iPhone. This elaborate blog will take you through every detail of the AOL mail setup iPhone that you need to know to add an AOL email account to the Mail app on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
How do I set up AOL mail on my iPhone
- To begin with the Verizon AOL mail iPhone settings, press the home screen button and unlock with a passcode, face id, pattern, finger print. If your device does not have a home screen button then swipe up and open the menu after unlocking the iPhone or iPad.
- Now, tap on the ‘Settings’ icon and go to the ‘Passwords & accounts’ section.
- Click on ‘Add account’ to select your email provider name, which is AOL in your case. In case AOL is not listed, simply click on ‘Other’.
- To setup AOL mail on iPhone, now choose ‘Add mail account’ option and enter your personal information such as your user name, AOL email address, its password and a description that explains the best about you.
- Further, you need to make some technical changes in AOL iPhone mail settings. In the section titled as ‘Incoming mail server’, type Hostname as imap.AOL.com, user name that is registered with your AOL account, email address and the correct password.
- Under ‘Outgoing mail server’, fill Hostname as smtp.AOL.com, email address and password again for the confirmation.
- After completing AOL outgoing mail server settings iPhone, click on ‘Save’ and your AOL email account will be saved for future. If you wish to remove the AOL account from your iPhone later, you can reset your phone to default factory settings.
- To setup AOL mail on iPhone, you need to check if all settings are correct in the Incoming and Outgoing server.
- Now, open your synced email account and choose ‘Advanced’ from a list of options.
- Under the ‘Incoming server’, check if your SSL is on, enter password in identity check and set server port as 993.
- Go back to the previous page and select ‘Outgoing server’ to click on the link highlighted as smtp.AOL.com.
- On this page, keep your SSL on, again put password for identity check and set server port as 465.
- Click on the ‘Done’ option placed at the top right of the screen and restart your iPhone to setup AOL mail on iPhone.
Congratulations! your AOL mail iPhone settings are now configured. Open the iPhone’s in-built Mail app to access your AOL email.
As now you know how to set up AOL mail on iPhone, we tell you how you can do the same settings within your other Apple devices, such as an iPad or MacBook.
- Click on the “Settings” icon on iPad or your MacBook
- Go inside the “Passwords & Accounts” section. In devices with lower versions of iOS, choose “Mail” settings instead
- Now select the “Add Account” option and click on other as AOL might not be there in the list featuring prominent email hosting websites. If it is there then choose “AOL” as the account type.
- Now, log in to your AOL account with a correct email address and password to authenticate.
- Once logged in, you can choose whether you want to keep Mail, Notes and other related apps synced to the device or not. If yes, then click on Save to add the AOL email account to the device.
This is it. The way you set up AOL mail on iPhone, you can sync your email to other Apple devices with a relatively easy set of steps.
Now, restart your Apple device and check email, send, reply, forward, and perform all the necessary actions through the Mail app to access your AOL email.
Even though you are now done with the AOL mail settings iPhone configuration, do not forget to check the “Junk” folder frequently in your Mail app. Apple does not easily trust an email client and its Mail app might save some of your important email messages in the Junk folder. AOL mail iPhone settings are not responsible for this and one might face such a problem even after following all the above mentioned steps to configure AOL mail server settings iPhone. So it is in your best interest to keep checking the junk folder much often and transfer the wrongly assigned emails to the primary inbox if necessary. Once you do it with one recipient, the Mail app will make sure another email from the same recipient does not go to the Junk folder.
Do you want to know how to check the AOL Junk mail folders in Mail for iOS and iPadOS? Well, no need to worry. It’s super easy. Open your mail app, tap the “Mailboxes” icon in the upper left corner, and there you will get the Junk folder for AOL.
AOL Inboxes on iPhone and iPad Mail app
AOL email accounts have been there for quite a long time. In fact, several people have not changed their @AOL.com email address for decades. They have been using the same address since AOL was “America OnLine” dialup service. Isn’t that great? Hence, it is not tough to guess why someone would want to add their same AOL email address to their iPhone or iPad. Well, if you don’t have an AOL email account but you want to have one, then you can always sign up for a free @AOL.com email address at http://AOL.com.
How to manually set up AOL Email Configuration Server?
In case you want to manually configure @AOL.com email address for Mail app or any another third party email app on your iPhone or even iPad, you can easily use any of the following mail servers depending on POP3 / SMTP or IMAP. However, one thing you need to keep in mind is that this is not applicable in the case of automatic setup.
POP3 / SMTP servers for AOL email:
- In the incoming mail server (POP3), type ‘pop.AOL.com’ and set port as 995 SSL
- In the outgoing mail server (SMTP), you need to type smtp.AOL.com and set the port as 465 SSL
IMAP servers for AOL email
- In the incoming mail server (IMAP), you are required to type imap.AOL.com and set the port as 993 SSL.
- For the outgoing mail server (SMTP), you have to type smtp.AOL.com and set the port as 465 SSL
It is easy to install the AOL mail on your iPhone and access important messages using the Mail app. The settings we have mentioned in this blog will help most of the users but these settings are not necessary in some cases. The Mail app configures most of its settings according to the email host on its own but in case you are setting up another email client or changing AOL mail settings manually in iOS or iPadOS then these steps will be useful for you.