Lufthansa Airlines permits flight cancellation through various forms such as online through the website, offline through the toll-free number or Airlines’s ticket counter or travel agents. Below described are the process through which flight cancellation can be accessed in Lufthansa Airlines.
Lufthansa Airlines flight cancel online method.
- Visit the official website of the Lufthansa Airlines, www.lufthansa.com through any web browser.
- Then, log in to the account and continue with a tap on the ‘My Booking’ option.
- Next, provide details of the Booking ID and the passenger’s last name.
- Proceed further with a click on the ‘Search’ button to retrieve the booking that needs to be cancelled.
- Then, choose the flight to be cancelled from the list of the bookings
- Next, a tick mark is located at the right side of the flight booking. To continue with it open the booking and click on it.
- Finally, proceed with the payment if there is any difference in fare.
- After payment, the confirmation ticket will be sent to the respective email address provided by the passenger at the time of booking.
Thus, the modus operandi mentioned above will provide beneficiary in the process of flight cancellation in Lufthansa Airlines.
Lufthansa Airlines flight cancel offline method.
Lufthansa Airlines flight cancel offline method allows passengers to cancel flights through the toll-free number provided by the Airlines. The number, 1 (800) 645-3880 is available 24/7 for any queries regarding the flight cancel process. Representatives handling the calls will assist in every possible way to help with the flight cancel procedure. However, the flight cancel can also be done through the Airport ticket counter. The passenger has to visit the ticket counter of Lufthansa Airlines with the original ticket to continue with the flight cancellation. Lufthansa Airlines also permits flight cancellation through the travel agents for the convenience of the passengers.
Lufthansa Airline flight cancellation policy
Lufthansa Airlines flight cancellation policy states that tickets can be cancelled under a few terms and conditions mentioned by the Airlines. The policy states that tickets cancelled within 24 hours of the initial purchase and 7 days from the scheduled departure of the flight are exempted from any cancellation fee by the Airlines. According to Lufthansa Airlines’s policy, it also states that if tickets are cancelled after 24-hours of the booking, are liable for a cancellation fee by the Airlines. This fee depends on the ticket fare rule and may vary.
Lufthansa Airlines flight cancellation fee
Lufthansa Airlines flight cancellation fee is calculated according to the 24-hour policy under which if a ticket is cancelled after 24-hours and 7 days period of time then the charges are-
- 39$ is charged when a ticket is cancelled after 24-hours and no action has been taken within the 48 hours of the time mentioned.
- 50$ is charged by the Lufthansa Airlines for cancelling Award tickets.
Thus, the above-mentioned fee is levied upon the passenger during the flight cancellation in Lufthansa Airlines. However for claiming a discount of 50$ when booking ticket with Lufthansa Airlines, the fare value of the original or re-booked ticket must be more than 60$.
Lufthansa Airlines refund policy?
Lufthansa Airlines refund policy states that when a passenger cancels a flight then a certain amount is eligible for a refund. An online refund form has to be submitted through the website of the Lufthansa Airlines to proceed with the flight cancellation process one day before the scheduled departure of the flight. If the online refund does not process smoothly then contact Lufthansa Airlines’s customer support to resolve the issue. However, for flight cancellation of tickets booked through the travel agency, passengers need to consult them for the cancellation process. Lufthansa Airlines refund policy also states that if flights are cancelled by the Airlines then, passengers can claim for a full refund from the Airlines.
Lufthansa Airlines flight cancellation 24-hour policy
Lufthansa Airlines 24-hours policy states that if flights are cancelled within 24-hours of the booking and 7 days prior to the departure of the flight then no cancellation fee is charged by the Lufthansa Airlines. Whereas if tickets cancelled after the time mentioned above then a certain amount is charged by the Airlines. This cancellation fee depends upon the type of ticket purchased by the passenger.